Small, But Dangerous

"no one likes you, you know."

-Somewhere Else-
A medical syringe was placed into a Demon Slayer as he groaned. His breathing becomes more stable as the man gasps and says, "Man, this antidote of Kocho-sama's is effective!" A woman agreed, "Indeed, and she prepares it after a mere glance at the situation. She's truly amazing. That goes for him, too." They look at Zenitsu while the male said, "Oh, that guy?" The woman says, "Because he defeated the demon, it slowed the circulation of the poison just a bit."

The man slaps a 'Treated' paper onto a bandaged person while saying, "All right! This should do it! Looking good! Chances are, they'll pull through." The woman got up and said, "Still, I'd like to wrap things up quickly and leave this place as soon as possible, wouldn't you?" The man agrees, "Yeah, me, too. I mean, this place really, really stinks."

-With Tanjiro (3rd POV)-
Shinobu points her stinger-like sword toward Giyu and the two. Shinobu says, "Now, Tomioka-san, please move out of the way." Giyu stayed quiet for a while before answering, "I'm not... I'm not disliked by people." Tanjiro gasps at the answer as Shinobu is also dumbfounded. Shinobu says, "Well, I'm sorry. It seems you hadn't realized that people don't like you. I shouldn't have said anything. My apologies." Both Giyu and Tanjiro are shocked while Tanjiro screams and looks at Giyu. Shinobi calls out, "Young boy!" Tanjiro answered, "Yes!" She adds, "What you're protecting there is a demon. I don't want you to get hurt, so please move away." Tanjiro picks Nezuko up while saying, "Y-You're mistaken! I mean, you're not mistaken, but... she's my little sister! She's my little sister, so... You see..." Shinobu gasps and says, "Is that true? Poor soul... In that case... I shall use a gentle poison to kill her so she won't suffer." Tanjiro drooped down while gasping. Giyu whispered, careful for Shinobu not to hear, "Can you move? Make yourself move even if you can't move. Take your sister and run." Tanjiro said, "Tomioka-san... Sorry for the trouble! Thank you very much!" As Tanjiro took off, Shinobu asked, "Isn't that against the Corps rules?" Giyu just stared at her with a neutral expression.
Tanjiro ran down the mountain at full speed. His whole body sort of ached as he panted. He ran to the box and stopped by it, putting Nezuko inside. He breathed in and took off again while thinking, "My body... It's getting sore... Just... Just endure it Tanjiro!" Nezuko woke up inside the box while shaking from the running. Tanjiro asked himself, "Does this mean I'll have to leave the Demon Slayer Corps? Even if she's my sister, there's no way they'd let me, or anyone, travel with a demon!" Tanjiro felt that someone was following him, so he got on guard while thinking, "Oh no! Did that lady already catch up to me? She feels strong so I need to be careful." His stomach growled as he ran.

-With Shinobu and Giyu-
Giyu and Shinobu clashed as Shinobu put on a stern expression. She says, "I see you're dead serious, Tomioka-san. Who would've thought a Hashira would ever protect a demon?" Giyucjust stares while Shinobu gets up and says, "Whether you're dead serious or not, I'm not going to join you in stalling for time. So, good day to you." Shinobi leaps into the air as Giyu gasps and looked toward her. Shinobu leaps from branch to branch as Giyu follows behind. Shinobu continues to leap as she saw Giyu follow, she asks, "Is that your attempt at catching up with me?" Giyu ran in silence as Shinobu leaps higher in the air. She says, "I don't mind you trying to stop me, but don't forget about the other one!" Giyu ran until he stopped and leaped as high as Shinobu did. Shinobu watched as he got too close.

-With Tanjiro-
While running, he thought, "Don't stop running! Keep moving! You gotta run as far as you can before she reaches me!" A different woman comes from the air as she went for Tanjiro. Tanjiro felt her presence get way too close and whipped his arm to block her foot. She landed in front of him as they had a small stare down. Tanjiro examined her strength further to feel that they were almost on par, or just that she had the better advantage because of his exhaustion. The Female Slayer ran towards Tanjiro as Tanjiro didn't want to hurt a fellow Corps member, let alone a Lady. So he just fled as the Slayer followed closely behind. She jumped up and landed right in front of him while Tanjiro quickly thought, "She's fast." She tried to kick him but he backflipped and stared at her again. He warned, "Please don't make me do this. I don't want to hurt you." The Female Slayer just smiled as she lunged at him. Tanjiro jumped back and landed on his hands to dodge her sword. She sent kicks as Tanjiro blocked it but was slowly losing consciousness. He almost fell over but the Slayer used that to her advantage and kicked his jaw. He landed on the ground as he laid down. She approached him and was about to stab the box before Tanjiro grabbed the sword with just two fingers and was about to snap it before a crow cawed out...

-With Shinobu and Giyu (Earlier)-
Giyu had Shinobu in a headlock as Shinobu said, "Tomioka-san... Are you listening, Tomioka-san? Since my attack was to slay a demon and therefore justified, I don't believe it could be construed as a violation. But what you're doing is against the Corps Rules. You're preventing me from slaying a demon." A deafening silence occurred as Shinobu asked, "Just what are your intentions here?" Giyu had no idea either and just made a face of confusion. Shinobi got irritated and yelled, "Don't you have anything to say? This is your final warning. Give me a reason at least." Two crows watch the ongoing one-sided argument as Giyu finally says, "As I recall, it was two years ago." Shinobu interrupted, "Please don't start some long, rambling story from that far back in time. Are you just being spiteful? Are you perhaps still angry that I pointed out how people don't like you?" Giyu was shocked as Shinobu revealed a small blade at the back of her shoe. Giyu gasped as she sent it to his face. A crow interrupted, "Message! Message! I have a message from headquarters! Tanjiro and Nezuko are to be taken into custody and brought to headquarters!" Giyu looked up to the crow as it continued, "Tanjiro and the demon, Nezuko, are to be taken into custody and brought back to headquarters!"

-With Tanjiro-
"...Tanjiro, dressed in a checkered haori, with a scar on his forehead! Nezuko, a demon girl with a bamboo muzzle! Bring them back! Bring them in!" The Female examined Tanjiro and asks, "Are you Tanjiro and Nezuko?" Tanjiro was too tired to resist but said, "Yes, that's me..." He thought of taking off but would be useless because he was too exhausted.

-With Giyu-
Both Giyu and Shinobu sheath their swords as they take off. The crow continues, "Bring them back! Bring them back! Tanjiro, dressed in a checkered haori, with a scar on his forehead! Nezuko, a demon girl with a bamboo muzzle! Bring them back! Bring them back!"

-By Inosuke-
Another male shows up with another person behind him. He noticed Inosuke and walked up to him. He asks, "Wh-Who the hell is this?" "I don't know." "A demon? Couldn't be, right?" "Is it a human?" "He's wearing our uniform trousers." He picks at the mask and lifts it to reveal his face. He says, "Oh, hey, this is a mask! He's a human!" "All right, take him in!" While taking him down, they said, "This guy's been beaten up really bad!" "Why's he strung up like this?" While being carried, Inosuke thought, "There was nothing I could do. On my own, I couldn't bring down even a single demon! You know what? Maybe I'm not that strong."

-With Zenitsu-
Chuntaro chirps on Zenitsu's head. Zenitsu appeared to be all bandaged up from head to toe. He thought, They wrapped us all up. Who are these people? They're cleaning up this place efficiently. And that girl there... Isn't she the girl from Final Selection? She has the same kind of hairpin as the lady who wrapped us up." The Male asked, "Should we ring them to the Butterfly Mansion, as well?" The Female Slayer says, "Yes, bring all of the wounded to our place. I'll be hunting down the demons in the area, so you can work without any worries." Zenitsu thought, "Come to think of it, I've heard about them. The cleanup crew, the Kakushi. The unit that cleans up after the Demon Slayer Corps battles demons. They say that most of its members are people who lack sword skills." Chuntaro chirps as the sun begins to rise, creating a beautiful scenery. He finished, "It's daybreak."

-With Giyu-
Giyu kept on walking as Shinobu stopped and looked at the sun.

-With Tanjiro-
While being carried, Tanjiro finally fell asleep as he got one final look at the sun rising.

-Brief Time Skip-
Tanjiro sleeps as someone yells, "Hey, I said, 'Wake up'! Wake... Hey! Hey you! Come on, you! Come on! Are you going to sleep all day? Wake up already, will you?" Tanjiro gasped as he won up and saw different people. The same Kakushi from before said, "You're in the presence of the Hashira!"

Chapter 43: End.

-A Little Secret-
Tanjiro gained a small increase in power since the fight with Rui. Now that he's slept he's feeling better than ever.

1,629 words (disregarding everything after 'Chapter 43: End').