Zenitsu Agatsuma

"Wh-What's up with that? What on earth?"

-Tanjiro's POV-
A sparrow flew to me as I held my hand out. It asked me to help out with the boy. "I'm begging you! There's no one else!" The boy screamed as the girl tried her hardest to push him off. "You're all that I have!" He continued. "I see! Gotcha! I'll do something about it!" As I said that, the sparrow gleamed while letting out a relieved chirp. "Please help me! Please marry me! I'm begging-" he was cut off by me grabbing the back of his collar. I yell at him, "What do you think you're doing right in the middle of the road? Can't you see she wants no part of you? And don't go making trouble for your sparrow, either!" "Uh, that uniform! Your that guy from Final Selection!" He said. I bark back, "There's no way I'd know anyone like you! I don't know you!" "Eh! But we met, remember? We've met before! You're the one with the problem! Like your memory!" He said. After realizing he was right, I dropped the boy and walk up to the girl, "You should be okay now. You can head home now without any worries." She thanked me, "I will. Thank you very much!" "Hey! Stay out of my way! That girl is going to marry me! Because she's in love with me, all ri-" he barely finished as the girl slapped him. She kept slapping the boy while he yells, "Hey! Ouch! That hurts! Stop it! Stop it" I yell to the girl while holding her back, "H-Hey, calm down!" She yells at the boy, "When did I ever say that I loved you! You were crouched on the side of the road looking ill, all I did was make sure you were okay!" "Eh? You mean you didn't reach out to me because you were worried about me out of love?" The boy asked in desperation. The girl answers him, "I'm already engaged, so definitely not! With all that energy, you must be fine now! Goodbye!" She walks off while the boy tries to stop her, "W-wait, come back! Come..." "Look, cut it out," I said. "Wh-Why'd you get in my way? This has nothing to do with you!" The boy said. I look at him in disgust and pity. "What's with that look on your face? Stop that! Why are you staring at me like I'm a creature or something? Hey, you! Take responsibility! It's all your fault that I missed out on marriage!" He yelled. I now make a face both of pure disgust and pity. "Say something! Listen up! I'm going to die soon! During my next job! I'm horribly weak, okay? No exaggeration! You'd better protect me until I manage to get married, all right?" He said. I slap my chest and introduce myself, "My name is Tanjiro Kamado!" He says and introduces himself, "Is that right? Fine! I'm Zenitsu Agatsuma! Please save me, Tanjiro!" "What do you mean, save you? Why did you become a swordsman, Zenitsu? Why are you being so blatantly shameless?" I ask without realizing I've been deadly honest. "That's a harsh way to put it! I got swindled by a woman and racked up all this debt! the old man who took it over for me turned out to be a trainer! Day after day, I had to go through hellish training! It was so bad I thought I'd be better off dead! I was hoping I could die during Final Selection! But since I was lucky enough to survive, I'm still going through hell every day!" He says as he gets to the ground, "I'm so scared! Scared! Scared! Scared! I just know that I'm gonna get devoured and killed soon by a demon! My brains are gonna get sucked through my ears while I'm still alive! No! No! Please save me!" He screams while shaking around. "What's the matter? Are you okay?" I ask while patting his back, he hyperventilates as I do so.
Both me and Zenitsu head to our respective missions. While we walk I ask, "Are you doing okay?" "Yeah. Now that I've calmed down, I'm getting hungry," he answered. "You don't have any food?" I ask. "Nope," he answered. I reach into my haori and gave him my rice ball (I don't know what it's called). "Would you like to eat it?" I ask. He reaches for it and says, "Hey, thanks." He takes a bite out of it and asks me, "You're not eating, Tanjiro?" "No, since that's all I've got," I answer. Zenitsu went quiet for a bit, then passed me half of the rice ball I gave him. "Here. You eat half," he said. "You sure? Thanks!" I said as I took half. Later on, I tell Zenitsu, "I know what you mean when you say you're scared of demons, but you should try not to worry your sparrow." "Eh? It was upset? The sparrow? How do you know?" He asked. "Well, you're always whining about not wanting to go to work, but you're always hitting on girls, and you snore so loud that it's had enough! So it says," I answer as I point to the sparrow. He jumped back in surprise and asks, "That's what it said? You can understand bird language?" I nod my head and he continues, "You're lying! You're just trying to trick me!" My crow caws at us and yells, "Start running! Start running! Tanjiro, Zenitsu, run! Both of you head over to your next location! Run! Run, Tanjiro, Zenitsu!" As it finished, Zenitsu starts shaking and whimpering. He screams while falling to the ground and yells, "A talking crow!"

-3rd Person POV-
Both Tanjiro and Zenitsu walk through some trees to reach our next mission, while Zenitsu pants his way through. "Hey, Tanjiro, on second thought, I'm not gonna make it. Even if I go along, I'm gonna be totally useless!" Zenitsu speaks. "The demon scent is getting stronger little by little. I wonder how strong it may be. But I smell something up ahead," Tanjiro thought to himself. He keeps looking ahead as he sees light and a clearing. "What's that?" He asked himself. They both look at the mansion in front of them as Tanjiro says, "I smell blood. But there's something..." "Eh? You smell something?" Zenitsu asked. "Something I've never smelled before," Tanjiro continues. "I don't know about that, but do you hear that sound? Also, are we supposed to work together on this?" Zenitsu asked again. "Sound?" Tanjiro asked, then noticed two children sitting near a bush. They both gasp and whimper out of fear. "K-Kids..." Zenitsu stammered. Tanjiro says, "I wonder what's wrong." He walks to the two and asks, "Hey, what are you two doing here?" The two continue to stay there in fear. "They seem terrified," Tanjiro spoke to himself. He kneels and asks, "Well, wanna see something cool? Ta-da!" He says as he pulls out Zenitsu's sparrow. "I pulled a sparrow out of thin air!" He says, trying to calm the kids down. While he tries, the sparrow does a little dance to help him. "See? Isn't it cute?" He asked. Both kids sat down after calming down. "Please tell me. What happened? Is this your house?" He asked again. "No. No, it's not. This... this is... a monster's... house!" The boy in the blue kimono said. "Our big brother got taken away. When we were walking at night, this monster we'd never seen before showed up. It didn't even glance at us. Just our brother," the boy explained. "And they're inside that house now?" Tanjiro asked while Zenitsu continues to listen. "Yeah," the boy answered. "You two follow them here? You did good! Great job!" Tanjiro praised the two. "We followed the traces of his blood. He's injured!" The boy said as they both sobbed. "Injured..." Tanjiro thought to himself. "Don't worry! We're going to defeat the bad guy and rescue your brother!" Tanjiro reassured. "Really? You really will?" The female child in pink asked. "Yeah, I promise!" Tanjiro said as he got up. "Tanjiro... Hey, what is this sound? This deeply sound never stops. Is it a tsuzumi?" Zenitsu asked. "Sound? I don't hear anything," Tanjiro said. But as he finished, a tsuzumi sound played faster and faster. The sound finally stopped as a body flew out the top floor door. Tanjiro gasped and ran to catch the body. The girl screams hiding under her brother. Zenitsu gasped as Tanjiro yelled, "Don't look!" He held the body in his arms gently placing him down. "Are you all right? He asked. "Are you all right? Stay with me!" He repeated. "The wound is so deep! Is this..." Tanjiro thought to himself as the boy said, "Even though... I got out..." he said while choking. "Even though I got out... made it outside... still... Am I gonna die? Am I still gonna die?" He asked as he finally took his last breath. Tanjiro hugged the body as he quietly sobbed. He thought to himself, "And now, he's gone. It must've hurt a lot! You must've suffered!" Zenitsu spoke up and asked, "Tanjiro, by any chance, is that guy these kids'..." as he wasn't done, a roar came from the mansion, a drumbeat was also heard from it both the kids and Zenitsu gasped in fear while Tanjiro angrily looked towards the mansion.

Chapter 22: End.

-A Little Secret-
Tanjiro's family feared the full moon. But since Nezuko forgot, they have no way of warning everyone about what happens if Tanjiro were to stare at the full moon.

1,587 words (disregarding everything after 'Chapter 22: End').