Gyomei's Awakening

"I've got nothing to lose in using it here!!"

-

- Elsewhere -

As the battle rages on deep within the Infinity Fortress, Murata walks down a corridor with Zenitsu's arm slung over his shoulders, also dragging him along. As he was dragged along, Zenitsu constantly complained, "Ow! Ow! It hurts! Carry me! Carry me! Ahh! I'm in pain! carry me!" As he dragged Zenitsu along, Murata thought, "We got separated from our comrades..."

Unbeknownst to the two, around the corner ran the squad of Kyojuro, Tanjiro, Kanao, Giyu and Inosuke. After a stellar reunion, the seven would begin their trek for the final Upper Moon.

- Back with the Battle -

Muichiro, pinned against a pillar with his sword, begins to push himself, along with the sword, off the pillar. He struggles as stinging pain is sent shooting around his body. After several seconds, Muichiro huffs before gripping the blade within his body. He then slowly pulls it out as blood drips from the blade and down his uniform and to the ground below. He failed his attempt at pulling his blade out and shut his eyes before making another attempt. Soon after, Muichiro succeeds but drops to the ground as he writhes with pain. Immediately after, Muichiro would then bandage himself up as he thought to himself, "This is bad. I'm no use to an injury like this. I'm not blessed with a physique like Uzui's, so I'll die of blood loss within a few hours. We must at least defeat Upper-Rank One. Lessen the burden on those still alive and able to fight. If I'm going to die, I should at least do something useful first."

Muichiro then grabbed his blade and ran right for the battle. As he ran, Muichiro huffed. To his left, Muichiro heard and saw Genya on the ground, calling out his name, "Tokito..." Muichiro then approaches him as Genya says, "I'm sorry, but... could you push my body back together?" Muichiro yells, "Genya!! You're alive! Your body... Can you reconnect it?" Genya responds, "It could be difficult... Um... That chunk of hair from the Upper-Rank Demon over there... Would you...bring it here and feed it to me?" Muichiro, now confused, said, "...understood. Let's fight together until the end."

- With the battle -

Both Kokushibo and Gyomei stared at each other before Kokushibo said, "I see... You, too, are a Marked One. Too bad." Gyomei asks, "Too bad?" Kokushibo says, "From what I've seen...I'd say our ahe...is about twenty-seven?" Gyomei, now spinning his flail while asked again, "What of it?" Kokushibo explained, "I regret the loss. Without exception, the marked ones...die before they reach the age of twenty-five." Gyomei was unfazed at the fact told by Kokushibo. He also adds, "Even if they manifest the mark...and can improve their power...it merely reduces their life span. You showed the mark...and are past twenty-five...so you will probably die tonight. Your body and the techniques you have developed to their utmost...will disappear from this world.. Do you not think that is lamentable?" Gyomei answered, "No, I don't. The marked one already understands that." Kokushibo says, "So you knew? For example, even if the mark had not appeared, as long as you are in the Demon Slayer Corps...there is no guarantee you will live to see tomorrow." Gyomei, still swinging his flail, asks, "Why would I cling to life at this point? No one becomes a Hashira with such half-hearted determination. That horrible insult...makes me boil with anger." Kokushibo says, "We should not be talking about trivial things like life and whatnot. If you become a demon, you can preserve your body and maintain your technique. Why do you not understand that? How foolish..." Gyomei shoots back, "I don't need to understand it. We are proud to live and die as human beings. Don't act like your worthless ideas are supreme and force them on others." Both begin to grow silent as the sound of Gyomei's flail can be heard. The silence between the two was broken after Kokushibo spoke, "Oh..." Gyomei then adds, "I noticed something while we were talking. You stated one falsehood." Kokushibo let out a single chuckle, "Heh... What are you talking about? I have told no lie." Gyomei then pointed out, "I suspect there was an exception. There was one who had the mark, lived past twenty-five and is still alive." Kokushibo then froze in place as Gyomei smirked and added, "That shook you. It appears my guess was correct... No?"