Pt. 2: Chapter Four

Start from the beginning

I sighed as I leaned back in the dining chair. "I'm stuck in between it being my business and not being my business. My ex being someone I care about, it is my business. However, we've just started talking again and I don't want to overstep any boundaries or cause any drama."

"Healthy boundaries are important, however, so is your integrity and loyalty to your ex, who is now your friend; who's name I still don't know."

At first, I wanted to keep Leilani's name anonymous, but I knew I could trust Avery enough to tell her. "Her name's Leilani. And you're right. I just don't know if she'll believe me. She seemed to talk highly of Remi and maybe it's just not my place to say anything. Plus, what if Remi tells her about last night? Remi doesn't know my name, but she definitely knows my face now."

"Remi was hammered. I doubt she'll remember your face especially after how hard you punched her." Avery took a huge bite of her waffles before adding, "Plus, if Remi told Leilani anything, I'm sure whatever it was, it was lie. I say, just chill out, go have fun with Leilani and after hanging out with her, if you feel comfortable, let her know what went down, if not then don't."

"Solid advice," I told Avery as I thought over what she said.

"And if you need proof, I'll be happy to go undercover and catch Remi in some dirt. You can then provide whatever evidence I gather to Leilani. Remi's dumbass will fall for it, trust me."

I shook my head at her. "I don't want it to be too messy and I don't want you to get hurt. She already almost put her hands on you the other night. If she tries to again, I'm really going to beat her face in."

"Is it f-cked up that what you just said kind of turns me on? You would beat her face in for little ol' me?" Avery put her hands on her cheeks and smiled as if she was smitten.

"In a heartbeat," I replied.

"Yeah, Woody, you better get used to being around me cause I'm not letting you go easy."

I didn't want to leave Avery, but I had to go home and get ready to meet Leilani. She seemed in pretty good spirits when I texted her to make sure we were still on. Apparently, she had a surprise for me and I would freak out once I saw. All I had to do was meet her at her place. When I arrived at her place, she came out skipping childishly with her keys and some kind of scarf in her hand. She yelled, "Get out your car, loser! I'm driving!"

I rolled my eyes at her playfully as I got out of my car. Part of me was nervous to see what she had up her sleeve. When I walked up to Leilani, she gave me a hug and then made me turn around so my back was facing her. The next thing I knew, she was covering my eyes with the scarf she had in her hand. I laughed, "Oh, no. What are you about to do to me?"

"Are you scared," I heard her ask from behind me. I then heard her footsteps and then felt her take my hand, leading me to her car, I assumed.

"Hell yeah, I'm scared. You're driving me while I'm blindfolded. I'm already scared riding with you when I'm not blindfolded," I told her.

"Boohoo, you'll be okay." I heard a door open and Leilani guided me into the car. When I told her I could get in by myself, she said, "Yeah, right. You're not about to bust your ass and put a dent in my car."

As soon as Leilani pulled off, I asked, "Where are you taking me?"

She laughed as if I had just said a joke before mimicking my question. "Not you acting like I'm kidnapping you. Why are you so uptight? You don't trust me?"

"Technically, you are kidnapping me. You made me get in your car and you're not telling me where we're going. I trust you, but at the same time-" Suddenly, Leilani slammed on breaks. I yelled and reached for my blindfold but she smacked my hand away as she laughed hysterically.