Chapter 129: Until Then

ابدأ من البداية

It seemed that even the high school principal could put the puzzle pieces together but he was letting the children have a moment. After all, those men were way to lenient on the students when it came to the twins.

"And what did you even give him? You know you're going to face punishment for doing that to a principal." Narumi glares, his face hardening at the children. That was one thing that they were prepared for but they had to see Akako, even if it meant extra chores and being punished.

"Benjiro was the idiot that gave him too much. He would be awake in a few hours but now he's gonna sleep for at least a day and a half." Hotaru points, trying to take as much blame off of her as possible.

Benjiro's whole body pales more than it already was as his eyes turn white in shock, disbelief filling him. "EHHH?!" He jumps off of the bed and points at her, "You're the one that didn't tell me how much to put in the tea!" He accuses.

Hotaru's blank face turns towards him, "Next time, read the fine print." She shrugs, turning away from him and walks to Akako's side. Benjiro pauses, knowing that she had given him a clear bag with the purple powder in it. There was no labeling of any sort that he could recall. As doubt began clouding his mind, he rummaged through his pocket and found the bag, suddenly seeing a new sticker on it with warnings and measurement amounts.

"You-!" He growls at her, teeth sharp and eyes white as he imagined pounding her head into the wall, "You did this when you were going to help me into the vent, didn't you?!" He throws the bag to the ground. He huffs, at the girl mocking him.

Hotaru glares back, "Next time, get rid of any evidence before you leave a crime scene." Her monotone voice ticks Benjiro off even more. "Besides, I did it as soon as we entered the room. You're just dumb."

Benjiro begins screaming again when Narumi finally interjects, "I think we should all calm down at the moment. All of you committed grave acts against many rules and now isn't the time to fight about how to do them right." He sweats nervously, "Besides, we don't want to overstimulate Akako-Chan." He looks at the girl who had widened eyes that dart back and forth between Hotaru and Benjiro.

"Since me and the high school principal know you're here, we'll wait on your punishment until we examine Akako a bit more. Don't forget about it though, because we won't." He reminds the children. He then turns towards the door, "Now, all of you wait here while I go grab another doctor for her since she's awake. I'll also let Tsubasa-Kun and Yōichi-Chan into the room as well." He turns the handle and walks out into the hall.

The doctor and their friends eventually all enter the room. The doctor evaluated Akako and tells everyone that she believes Akako would be able to possibly extract the stones in a few more weeks. After all, her body has gone through so much trauma. Wasting away for years only to die and suddenly revive and heal? That was too much for any person to go through, put in the factor that she's a child as well... let's just say that the doctor was definitely blown away by Akako's progress.

Akako was now allowed visitors but only during certain periods of time since they wanted to keep her as healthy as possible and they wanted to keep her on a healing schedule. The four culprits were given extra chores and extra homework- eliminating their time to see Akako. They were also confined to their rooms for the next week with Alice restraints on all of them- that way none could escape to try and see Akako or escape their punishment. Shiki woke up two days after the incident and gave Benjiro and Hotaru hell for their stunt.

And that's how the next few days went. Eventually the four were released but kept under close supervision and everyone regularly visited Akako. Soon, she was able to move a bit more, enough to sit up and feed herself. Although Akako was back with everyone, she wasn't fully back with them. At random moments, she could become annoyed with just about anyone.