Chapter 129: Until Then

Start from the beginning

He leans towards her and holds her hand tighter, "Akako, we need to go. If they find out that we snuck in, I might not get to see you again." He quickly explains to the confused and frazzled girl, "I need to go now! I don't want to but I need to-!"

"Natsume! Hurry!" Benjiro ushers as he finishes unscrewing the screws that held the vent. The boy almost falls from the hospital bed that he was balancing on, Ruka and Hotaru grabbing his legs and steadying him. He pulls off the vent covering and throws it inside, that way they could cover it from the inside loosely as they made their escape.

Just as Benjiro starts to jump to try and grab on to the ceiling, the door opens.

Narumi enters the room, eyes wide as he assessed what was going on. As soon as he arrived to meet Shiki, he had a sneaking suspicion that someone was up to something. After all, the teacher knew how much of a ruckus these kids could and would make. He looks towards Akako who was looking around in confusion with Natsume's flushed complexion next to her as they held hands. Across the room, Hotaru had ducked beneath the hospital bed and had her Baka Gun locked and loaded. It was aimed at the door while the girl wore a helmet for protection. Ruka stood at the foot of the bed, hands up in the air as he was getting ready to boost Benjiro who was now hanging limply from the ceiling. The boys blue eyes bore into Narumi as though he were a deer caught in headlights. And technically, the white haired boy was.

Anyone who was smart would be able to figure out that Benjiro was the one to do something to Shiki in order to help the others. His body swings for a moment as they all stare at one another, the room so silent as the only sound you could hear was Akako's heart monitor beeping.

Narumi tries to gather his bearings, attempting to figure out how to go about the situation when he stumbles backwards. His hand flies to his face where it stung, eyes turning towards Hotaru's Baka Gun that smoking at the end from being shot.

"I-Imai!" Ruka's hair stands up as he shouts at the unfazed girl. She shrugs in response, "He didn't do or say anything so I thought his brain stopped working. Just rebooting him." She offers her explanation, Ruka not satisfied with the answer.

Benjiro let's go of the ceiling and lands on the bed, no longer caring what Shiki would do to him. After all, it's not like it was poison or anything. When that thought passes through his mind, he looks off to the side as a wave of fear washes over him, 'Granted, I wasn't supposed to give him the whole bag...'

He knew that his cousin would just put him on probation or something similar, keeping a close eye on the Ice Alice while making his life miserable.

Narumi closes the door, keeping any outsiders from entering the room with him and the children. He sighs, glancing at them all once more as they merely stared at him. None seemed scared or worried about what the man would do, after all, he saw Akako as a daughter and loved all of his students, he had an inkling that something like this would happen eventually- especially since they weren't allowed to visit Akako. He locks the door, walking towards the kids with an expression of exhaustion crossing his face. So many things happened in such little time and it was quite the load on his back.

He raises his hand and pushes his bangs out of his face while his eyes close, "You all do know that I'm not the only one who knows what's happening." Narumi exhales, looking towards Akako who still seemed lost and remained silent.

"M-matte! What do you mean when you say you're not the only one?!" Ruka's eyes widen. It was evident that the other three had suspected this outcome since Ruka was the only one who had a reaction.

"I mean, this wasn't really thought out- especially for you bunch." Narumi raises his eyebrow in questioning. The children must have been very desperate to throw this plan together, not covering their tracks at all or at least distracting everyone's mind from this kind of possible situation. "Akako-Chan wakes up with friends in the room. Everyone goes on lockdown and suddenly Shiki is put into a slumber the next day? He's put in a slumber when everyone, besides Benjiro-kun, who has access to his room is in the hospital with Akako-Chan." He shakes his head at their recklessness.