Nightmare

Something felt off.

Bucky felt something off with Steve...

He was kinder now which didn't make sense for his attitude days earlier. He moved his legs over the side of the bed and carefully got up.

Everyone was asleep. Bucky pulled hair into a pony tail with a hair tie he was given earlier. He heard Steve outside so he assumed he was back now, and he wanted to chat with him.

He slowly walked towards the door and heard him talking to someone. It was a woman.

He raised a brow and and stepped outside.

He froze.

Madame Hydra was chatting with Steve. And Steve knew damn well who she was. Steve looked at him casually and smiled. "Hey Bucky! I would like you to meet my friend.... Kristen."

Bucky clenched his fist but released it. Bucky chuckled tiredly and walked over and extended his hand to her.

"Nice to meet you, I'm James." Malice filled his voice. She took his hand and shook it. Her eyes glared down his soul but Bucky returned the look.

"Well, I have to head out for another appointment. Ill see you later Bucky." Steve said as "Kristen" walked away with him.

Bucky frowned and walked into the room again  and turned on the tv, lowering the volume.

Breaking News, Vice President of the United States was assassinated hours ago. No sign of who it was. Be on lookout.

Buckys heart nearly stopped when he heard that. "No no no.... you can't..."

"But I am..." Bucky turned and saw Steve walking back in. "My appointment was canceled." He said as he stood next to Bucky, watching the TV.

"Since when did you do dirty work..." he said quietly, but his voice still filled with anger. Steve looked at Bucky and sighed.

"Hmm past few years. Who do you think did a majority of assassinations here in the US?" Steve said with a chuckle.

"You're a horrible person..." Bucky said. "It never crossed your mind that this is-" Steve suddenly shoved Bucky into the wall and got close to him.

"Not once... did it cross my mind. It pays well, and it helps me get one up in the world, especially with my little organization." He smirked and held Bucky's chin looking at him.

"I will kill you...." Bucky said slapping his hand away.

"Oh you can't. Don't you see how weak you are, and plus, you aren't stronger than me. Never have been." Steve said. Bucky didn't even recognize this person in front of him.

Bucky frowned and turned his head. "And to think I saved your ass in World War II... and ended up dying for you." Steve chucked at that. He grabbed his chin and pulled him towards him and kissed him.

Bucky slapped him. Steve chuckled and sighed. "You are really loyal to him hm.... well... I guess it doesn't matter who is Captain America, huh?" Steve sighed and chuckled. "I don't care that you died for me. You basically were my shield for a little while." Steve started to walk out.

"See yah, Buck." He walked out, leaving Bucky there. Bucky just walked over to his bed and laid down again, turning away from where Sam was sitting.

Not one person saw the altercation between him and Steve. He just teared up and covered himself with his blanket. He hadn't had to deal with people being... like that or worse since his Winter Soldier days.

He just took a deep breath and closed his eyes and started to fall asleep.

The memories rushed back that night in his nightmares.

The next morning, Sam woke up before everyone else. It was raining outside.

Odd... it was supposed to be sunny. Sam thought as he carefully got up, making sure not to bother Natasha.

He walked over to Peter and adjusted his blanket as he checked Maria.

She was out as well.

He then looked over at Bucky who was asleep. His expression looked pained which worried Bucky. "Nightmares?" He said to himself quietly.

He walked over and adjusted his blanket as Steve walked in. Steve smiled and waved.

Sam waved and walked over. "What's up?" Sam asked as he noticed a bag.

"I felt bad for leaving so quickly last night, so, I brought some food for all of you." Steve said. Sam smiled and chuckled.

"Thanks! Lemme get everyone awake, and you warm up the food?" Sam said as he walked over to Natasha and woke her up carefully.

"Of course!" He walked over to the mini kitchen. Sam woke everyone up including Bucky.

Bucky looked like he didn't get any sleep that night. Sam looked at him. "You okay?" Sam asked.

"Just.." he saw Steve walking over giving everyone food. "Yeah... I'm okay. Just didn't have enough meds." Bucky said with a smile.

Sam nodded as he kissed his head. Bucky looked down at the plate of food he was given.

He didn't even want to eat.

Steve looked at him... being genuinely concerned. "You okay Bucky?" Steve said putting a hand on his shoulder. Bucky tensed faintly and glared at Steve, knowing he wasn't being genuine at all.

"Yes." Bucky said as he started to eat. Steve moved his hand and sat back in his seat.

Sam ate his food and "watched" the TV. He saw the interaction through the reflection.

He felt something was off... but decided not to ruin the mood of everyone having breakfast. Until... Sam noticed what Bucky was eating.

Grits and Bacon.

Sam turned towards Bucky slightly..

He doesn't like Bacon or Grits at all, yet he was casually eating it.

There was so much happening in this room and Sam didn't even know where to start... he just got up and threw away his plate and picked up his phone, and stepping outside.

He dialed a number and waited.

"This is Raynor."

"Hey, Doctor Raynor. Could you do a global search on Steve Rogers in the database?" He said quietly.

"Of course. Any reason why?" She asked as she started to type.

"I have a hunch." Sam said as he leaned against the wall.

"I'll have information to you in about 3 days." She said.

"Thank you." He hung up and glanced into the room. Bucky was staring out the window as Steve talked with Maria.

Bucky didn't even reattach his arm...

"Somethings wrong..." he said quietly.