Rescue

Mysterio ran to attack Natasha.

Her vision blurred but she saw Peter kicked him into the wall head first, shattering the glass that was on his face.

Peter glared at him. "Don't touch her..." Mysterio winced a his looked at the boy. The words that Aunt May had told him resonated back to him.

"He needs me..."

Mysterio didn't think the boy needed her... he started to cast an illusion when Peter hit his machinery causing the illusion to go away.

Mysterio aimed his gun at him but Peter webbed his hand to the wall and the rest of him. He stood there and looked at Mysterio and then ran over to Natasha.

Mysterio was shocked by this honestly. This means... the boy didn't know what he did. He sighed in relief that this is all he got.

Peter ran over to Natasha and helped her up. Sam arrived. "Hold onto me, we're flying out of here." He picked up Natasha.

Maria helped Fury up. "We will meet you guys there." Sam nodded and took off with Peter following closely behind.

Sam landed in the jet. Bucky was already there, calibrating the jet to head back to SHIELD. Sam placed Natasha on a medical bed and hooked her up to oxygen and a vitals machine.

Soon after fury ran on board with Maria. He launched the jet and everyone took off. Fury sighed and sat down tiredly. He was about to say something when the jet was getting shot at.

Maria looked out the window and saw two fighters behind them. She turned the jet off of Autopilot and started to try and get away from the jets.

She couldn't shake them. "We can't take anymore hits!" She said as she flew upwards. As they flew up a yellow blur blasted by the window. Everyone's eyes widened as the jets hit the ground and exploded. Maria leveled the jet out as the second jet was crashing to the ground.

Fury smirked and sighed. "Open the loading bay." He said. He got up as The back of the jet opened.

"Next time, call me earlier." Maria placed the jet on Autopilot and walked over. "Danvers."

"Hill." The two stood there but them laughed and hugged each other. Sam watched them all talk. He winced as he felt pain. He just went into another section of the jet and got out of his gear.

Every part of his body hurt. It was a just getting out of battle type of pain... it was different. He searched his pockets for his meds. "Where..." he just sighed as he sat down.

Peter peered in. "Sam?"

Sam looked at him. "Hey kid... you okay?"

Peter nodded slightly. He sensed something was wrong with Sam. "Are you okay?" Sam looked at Peter, seeing the worry spread over his face. He just sighed and shook his head.

"No... it's just. There's been a lot. Your aunt dying, hydra being on us, zemo getting shot, I've been in pain... I don't know." San was exhausted.

Exhausted wasn't enough to explain how he felt. Peter sat next to him. "Is... your cancer acting up?" Peter said quietly.

Sam looked at his hands. "Most likely..." Peter nodded slightly as he sighed. "I'm gonna stop fighting for a bit..."

Sam looked at him shocked. "What? Why?"

Peter looked at him. "I have a couple people I want to look after... I can't lose more people." Sams heart broke at that. This boy... he's lost so much.

A father.
Mother
Aunt
Uncle...

So much. Sam hugged him and sighed. "Only If you want to... don't force yourself. Okay?" Peter hugged him back tight. "I'm not..."

Sam sighed and looked at him. "Live your life... okay? Call MJ, call Ned, don't isolate yourself." Peter nodded at that.

"I won't... I promise."

After a few hours of flying, they all landed at SHIELD. Zemo was there waiting for them, leaning on a crutch. His hair was a mess and he had a faint smile on his face when everyone came off the jet.

Sam walked over to him. "You alright?" Zemo nodded. "Tired, but yes." Sam chuckled.

"Good." Sam walked with him back to the medical bay as Natasha was wheeled ahead of them.

"How is Natasha?" Zemo asked.

"She's stable, but Fury said that something might be wrong with her memory." Zemo nodded, completely understand.

The group watched her go into a medical room. Sam winced and sat down. He held his head. Bucky glanced at him. He backed up from the group and walked over to Sam.

Bucky kneeled in front of him. "Sam?" Sam looked at him tiredly. "Hm?" Bucky didn't like this. He held his cheek slightly. He had an idea of what was wrong.

"It's coming back isn't it..." Bucky said quietly. Sam looked at him and held his head slightly as he sighed. "Yeah..."

"It's coming back, and stronger than last time. I might end up in the hospital before the end of this year... I'm sorry." Sam said quietly, so only he could hear.

Bucky held his hand and squeezed it carefully. "Everything.... will be alright. I promise." Sam teared up faintly. "I don't know... about that..." Bucky didn't know what to say, he didn't want him feeling negative.

Bucky just kissed his hand and lifted Sams head up slightly. Bucky smiled sadly and kissed him. "Love you..." Bucky said.

Sam smiled softly at that and just chuckled as he wiped his tears away. "I know..." he sighed. "Let's... let's go see Natasha." Sam got up and walked over to the group.

Bucky watched him carefully and sighed.

Sam didn't want to think of his cancer. So, he focused on his friend. Natasha was laid down on a bed and her injuries were treated. Fury was right besides her as it went down.

Sam smiled softly at that. He looked at Carol. "He really is a father huh..."

Carol nodded. "Yep... that he is..."

" a good ole dad."

Bucky nodded at that, but he glanced at Sam.

Bucky frowned seeing how tired Sam was.

Worry filled his expression.