Awake

Sam woke up a few hours later, feeling a doctor tap his shoulder.

"Ah... doctor." He cleared his throat and stood up. "Sorry, I fell asleep." He said.

"It's okay, it's been a long day. I actually came here to tell you that the cure is now ready." She said with a smile.

Sams eyes widened. "Do you need my permission to administer it?" She nodded.

"You have my permission!" He said.

She nodded and walked over to Bucky, and was preparing to inject it into his neck. Suddenly Sam grabbed her wrist and yanked her away from him.

"Just a heads up, when you're going to lie, make sure you know all your information." Sam said as he looked at the nurse.

She yanked her arm from him. "What are you talking about... don't touch me."

"I have the hospital the okay to give him medication when needed without my permission. If you were one of his nurses, you would know this. Now, I'm not in the mood to fight, so, you should just leave this room, or you can end up getting thrown out the window. Your pick.."

The nursed frowned and tossed the needle on the ground and left the room.

Sam nearly fell back into his chair.

"I can't wait any-" as he said that, a nurse rushed in. "Mr. Wilson!" She said as she caught her breath.

He looked at her surprised. "Yes?"

"We have it! The cure for him! You took the small sample you left for us from that doctors office, and we were able to make a separate antidote with his uncontaminated blood!" She said as more nurses rushed in with the cure.

Sam was shocked. "I- then administer it to him!" He said too fast. He watched them inject it into his arm. They adjusted his medical gear, hoping he would wake up.

His heart rate was slow before, but it picked up, picked up too fast. The nurses gave him a counter agent that would slow his heart rate to a normal one.
Sam watched and clenched his fists as he watched.

Suddenly his heart rate leveled out. Sam sighed in relief. The nurses backed up as Buckys eyes slowly opened... he winced and looked around.

"Sam..." he mumbled quietly. Sam teared up and rushed over to his side and held him. Bucky held onto him slightly as he laid there.

"Welcome back My love..." Sam said as he teared up. He pulled away slowly to look at Bucky. Bucky looked at him weakly but smiled tiredly .

"His body is starting to regenerate. He's healing himself. He should be ready to leave tomorrow morning." The nurse said.

Peter watched and relief came over him as he saw that Bucky was alive.

Bucky sat up weakly and looked at Sam. "What... what even happen-"'Natasha ran over and hugged him tightly.

Sam smiled softly as she did. These two were like siblings. "You're okay..." she said quietly. Bucky smiled tiredly and hugged her back. "Yes... yes I'm okay."

"A lot happened Bucky, but right now... you need to relax for just a moment okay. Just enjoy everyone's company okay?" Sam was concerned for buckys health right now.

He's not supposed to be compromised like this so Sam knew he was going to become more protective over him. He felt the fear of losing him even more than ever...

He was about to say something when the door opened. Steve walked over rather quickly.

"Buck..." Natasha immediately took a step back, she was still pissed at him. Bucky looked at him confused as steve stood there.

Neither one of them knew what to say.

Steve walked over to him and took his hand. "I'm glad you're okay..." Bucky looked at their hands slightly and then back at him.

"Yeah..." he said quietly.

Sam cleared his throat and looked at Steve. Steve glanced at Sam and pulled his hand away from Bucky. "I uh... just wanted to see if you were okay. That's all. I have an appointment so I'll be heading out." He waved and walked out.

Sam watched Steve walk out...

He didn't trust Steve at all.

Everyone started chatting with Bucky, asking him how he felt and what happened.

Sam zoned out how dangerous everything has been... the danger has been getting worse and worse. He just sighed and sat down.

He watched Bucky as he answered questions. He smiled softly seeing him awake and functioning. Bucky turned his gaze and met Sams.

Bucky smiled tiredly and winked at him discreetly. Sam smiled to himself and winked back at him.

He's gonna be okay, Sam knew it.

They were gonna be okay.

Natasha sat next to Sam and put her head on his shoulder tiredly. "Lots of stuff happening today huh..." he chuckled and put his head on hers.

"A lot... it's exhausting." He said as he turned on his phone and looked at his text messages from Sarah.

"We all need a vacation. Like desperately." Natasha said with a tired chuckle. She sounded like she was falling asleep. Sam put his jacket on her.

"That's for sure... especially after this whole fiasco. Especially Peter... poor kid hasn't had a break." He chuckled quietly.

"The entire group hasn't had a break." Natasha said. Sam glanced at her and noticed she was half asleep. He sighed softly and let her sleep.

Everyone else was starting to go get some sleep in their little corners of the room.

Sam looked at Bucky. Bucky looked at him.

"You okay?" Bucky asked quietly .

"I am now that you're conscious." Sam said as he watched him.

"You're still worried aren't you?" Bucky said with a chuckle. Sam nodded as he stood up carefully, laying Natasha down on the couch.

Sam walked over to him and hugged him as he teared up. Bucky held him close.

"How do I know I'm not dreaming..." Sam said trying his best not to cry.

Bucky took Sams hand carefully and put it agaisnt his heart.

"Can you feel it..." Bucky asked.  Sam simply nodded.

"Then you're not dreaming." Bucky smiled softly.

"I'm right here."