Outing

Sam sat in the doctors office getting his blood tested and getting medicated as well.

"So, you go by Carter now?" His doctor said with a smirk. Sam rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you already know why."

"That I do." He said as he handed him a bag of meds. "Alright. You will take these when your pain becomes too much, and the other ones in there are for if you get hurt, and you start bleeding, the bleeding won't be excruciating."

Sam nodded as he stood. "Thank you, Doctor." The doctor motioned for him to sit down. "Doctor Raynor and Peter, can you both step out for a moment?"

The two nodded and walked out. "Sam, I didn't want to say this while they were in here... but, your condition has gotten way worse. The amount of stress and the fights you've been in have not been helping you at all.. that's why your moments of pain have been happening more often and have been lasting longer."

Sam clenched his fists slightly. "Will I need a stem transplant?"

"At this rate... yes. You're going to have to find a donor. Preferably your sister or someone who has similar genetic makeup." He shrugged.

"But that's only if things get worse..." the doctor said. Sam stood and nodded. "Thanks doc...." He walked out and closed the door.

"Everything alright?" Peter said. Sam smiled and nodded. "Of course. Let's get back to the house." He said as he walked ahead of the two.

When they got home, Raynor and Peter went to the store instead. Sam walked in and closed the door. He leaned against the door and teared up. "Just my luck...."

Bucky walked in. "Luck about what? Oh yeah, how was your appointmen-" he looked at Sam and noticed the disappointed look on his face. "Sam?"

Sam shrugged, why try an hide it. He sighed, "I'm dying faster now... I'm healing slower than I am getting infected. At this rate, I have possibly less than a year." Buckys eyes widened at that.

He walked over to Sam. He didn't know what to say or do. Sam looked defeated. "Just hug me, Buck." Bucky hugged him tightly. Sam hugged him and sighed. "You might need to do the rest of this mission with Peter alone..."

Bucky nodded slightly. "Alright..." he pulled from the hug. Bucky wanted to try and make him feel better so, "Do you.... want to just go out and have some fun for a bit?" Bucky said out of the blue.

"Sure..." Sam said as he pulled his coat on. Bucky smiled and pulled his coat on and put his hat on. "Wanna walk or drive?"

Sam raised a brow. "Walk?" Bucky nodded and took Sams hand into his metal one. Sam held his hand back in surprise as buck walked with him outside.

The two walked around downtown and made it to a little cafe where there were people dancing and smiling. Bucky walks over to a table in the corner and pulled a seat out for Sam.

"What's this place?" Sam asked.

"This is, a little cafe I found when I moved here for the first time. The lady here took me in but sadly she passed away. Her kids run it now, and they're great." He said.

"Mr Barnes!" A girl with long black hair waved to him from the register. Bucky waved back with a smile. Sam was surprised by that.

"Oh wow, I didn't know you had friends." Sam said with a chuckle. Bucky looked at him and chuckled as well. "Quite the surprise huh? I'll be right back. I'm gonna order us something."

Bucky got up and went to the register. Sam looked around at the cafe. It was a really cute cafe. He glanced at Bucky and kinda stared at him for a little bit. He blushed faintly and lowered his head.

Bucky came back over with two teas. "Here is a black tea, with lemon and a bit of sweetener for you." He placed it in front of him.

Sam chuckled. "You know me so well." Sam said as he sipped it. Bucky smiled to himself. "I take pride in that." Bucky watched the people dance as he sipped his tea. He hadn't danced in awhile now that he was thinking about it.

Sam glanced at him, noticing he wanted to dance. But Sam sipped some more of his tea his tea and sat back. He rested his eyes as he listened to the music.

Bucky glanced at Sam and stood up. "Wanna head back?" He asked calmly. Sam shook his head. "Nah nah...'I'm just listening. I've never heard this music before."

Bucky looked at him and then took his hand. "Would you like to dance to it?" Sam opened His eyes and looked at him. "I thought you'd never ask." He stood up.

Bucky spun him carefully, the two dancing slowly. Bucky was humming softly as he swayed with Sam. Sam heard him and chuckled softly. "Didn't we dance at the cookout?"

"Yeah... we had a pretty good time then didn't we?" Bucky said as he looked at him. Sam smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah... yeah we did."

Bucky continued to dance before he sensed Sam slowing down. Bucky stopped and stretched. "Let's head back."

"What? Why? I can still dance..." Sam said. Bucky shrugged. "I'm tired." He said not wanting to put Sam on the spot. The two grabbed their teas and walked out hand in hand.

It had started to rain heavily as they walked so they stayed under a little covering together. Sam held Buckys hand a little tighter while they stood there.
The two were quiet as they stood there, both wanting to say something but both too afraid.

"Buck-"
"Sam-"

They said that the same time. The two chuckled to themselves. "You go ahead.." Bucky said with a chuckle. Sam chuckled softly as he looked at him.

"Bucky... when you kissed me on the escalator, I enjoyed it. A lot. It was the first time in a long time that I had enjoyed being kissed. And when you kissed me in the hotel, it was even better, and I... I just want you to know that, you're very important to me. If I lost you I don't know what I would do. I need you here, with me... no matter what." Sam said. He turned his head.

Bucky looked at him shocked.

"When you kissed me, you made me feel happy too. I personally never thought I would be capable of love or loving someone... like..." Sam looked at him.

"I never thought I would be capable of loving someone on your caliber. You're strong, smart, energetic, loving, caring... every good adjective in the book okay. You brought me back, and you just showed me this whole new amazing world... you've trusted me enough to be on the run with you... I... thank you, Sam."

Sam also looked at him shocked. He lifted Bucky's hand and kissed it. "Can I say I'm in love with you, Barnes." Bucky blushed faintly. "Uh... yes. Only if you want to."

Sam nodded. "I do... I do love you. Oh so very much." He said poking Buckys cheek that was now red.

Bucky smiled softly. "I love you too..." Sam smiled at that. Bucky stepped forward and held his cheek and rubbed it gently. Bucky smirked and pulled him into the rain with him.

Sam laughed as he did. He looked at him with a smile filled with pure joy. Buck loved it. He rubbed his cheek and pulled him into a kiss.

Sam smiled into the kiss and kissed him back. Bucky broke it slightly. "Did the rain help..." he said with a soft chuckle.

Sam held his face gently. "It sure did Casanova."