Confessions

The group all went back to the hotel. They all decided it was best to stay all in one room. They would all be together if there was a fight, and they wouldn't be separated in case of a said battle.

Bucky carried everyone's things into their new room, and got the room divided. They were now in a suit paid for by SHIELD.

There were two beds, and two baths. It was a comfortable little set up. Peter and Natasha were out having, and I quote a "little spider and big spider evening out". Natasha was leaving the other two to rest while she takes Peter out to have some fun.

Bucky was sitting by the window as Sam watched TV. Sam wasn't feeling well so he was under the covers relaxing. He had taken his meds and they didn't make him feel too much better.

Sam glanced over at Bucky. "You want to come join me?" Sam asked Bucky. Bucky glanced over back at him. "It's your bed. You sleep."

Sam chuckled as he turned off the TV. "Damn Steve was right about how stubborn you are." Bucky didn't really react at that. Sam realized what he said and sighed.

He got out of the bed and walked over to him. "I'm sorry I mentioned Steve. I shouldn't have." Sam sat down in front of him.

"It's fine... he's the one who pisses me off, not you." Bucky said.

Sam glanced at him, seeing how he was fixated on what was going on outside. The temperature was dropping, and the chances of snow was getting higher and higher. "Do you want to... talk about what Steve did?" Buckys whole posture changed slightly.

It went from closed off to, a little bit more open. Bucky sighed.

"Do you know how hard it is to have your Bestfriend from childhood tell you he's going back to 1944 to live out the life that you wished you lived? And then to make matters worse, go get married and have a family?" Bucky said looking at Sam.

Sam met his gaze. "I don't know how that feels..." Bucky nodded slightly. "Be thankful you don't have to know. It felt like betrayal. I even liked him... maybe not in a way I should have but, I did. But he drops the bomb that he's going to leave me here, in the 21st century to fend for myself. A man with PTSD, Anxiety, no friends, no family."

Bucky got up and started to walk around. Sam sat there and just listened.

"I was there for Steve every single step of the way. I protected him, defended him, fought for him, even died for him... just to be...." Bucky looked down. "... just to be left behind. As if I was no one."

Sam was about to say something but Bucky started speaking again.

"Thank god You're Captain America, and you're my boyfriend, not Steve." Sam raised a brow at that. Bucky looked at him.

"Why?" Sam said as he adjusted himself. Bucky chuckled. "You're better at both, better than he could ever be." Sams eyes widened at that statement. Bucky had a soft, gentle expression on his face.

"You're my Captain America. Not Steve. You're America's Captain America, and once again, not Steve. You've already done so much more than he did... I believe that even if something happened between us, you'd still do your job amazingly." Bucky said, pride in his voice, and his gaze.

Sam stood and walked over to him. "You are... the best thing in this world." Bucky smiled softly at that. "Could say the same about you..." Bucky looked at him and kissed him. Sam kissed him back with a smile.

The door opened as they kissed. "Eww get a room you two." Natasha said as she walked in with bags. Sam broke the kiss and rolled his eyes. "We are in our room."

"Yeah I know. That's what you get when we share rooms." Natasha smirked. Peter nodded and placed his bags down.

"You guys are back early. What's up?" Bucky said. Natasha pulled out of the bag movies and food. "Peter thought we all could use a break. Not just him."

Peter nodded. "We all have been through a lot of crap this week... and I know you all want me to rest and take a break but I'm not the only one fighting a battle. So, I thought we all could use a break." Bucky smiled softly at that and walked over to Peter and hugged.

"You're a good kid." Peter was surprised by this. Then the other two hugged him as well. "Peter, remember we'll always be here okay? We're your family too." Peter teared up and hugged them all.

"Thank you..."

About an hour later, everyone was situated watching a movie. Natasha and Peter were sprawled out on the floor while Bucky and Sam shared the bed.

Sam was asleep against Bucky. They were watching a simple romance movie. Bucky noticed Sam was asleep.

Sam was holding his hand as he slept. Bucky turned and kissed his head. He raised the volume of the movie and sighed. "Thank you Sam... for everything. I'm too stubborn to do this when you're awake but thank you. You truly saved me, and brought me back. Thank you for protecting me, and being by my side even when I was... the other guy. Thank you... I..." Bucky sighed and kissed his head again.

"I love you..." Bucky had not said that before, or he didn't think he did. He turned his head and continued to watch the movie. He was quiet until Sam sat up and whispered in his ear.

"Love you too Buck." Bucky blushed at the realization that he was caught. Bucky looked at him. "I guess you were awake..."'he whispered back.

"Yeah I was. There's a thing called resting your eyes." Sam smirked. Bucky rolled his eyes at that. "Of course... well then, let me say this properly then..."

He kissed Sam once again. He broke it slightly and looked at him.

"I love you."