Talking

Peter finally woke up after being out for the day. He groaned as he sat up. Thankfully he had some form of enhanced healing, so his leg fracture and his concussion was gone.

He groaned as he sat up and looked around. Sam was out of the room at the moment so Peter found himself alone. He teared up faintly but wiped his eyes as Sam came in.

Sam smiled bright. "Kid! You're awake!"  He ran over to his side. Peter smiled as Sam hugged him. "Hi Sam." He said as he pulled from the hug.

"How are you feeling?" Sam said.

"For getting hit by a car? I don't feel too bad actually." He said. Sam handed him something from his bag. "Well I'm glad." It was a turkey cheese sandwich. Peter immediately started eating.

Sam sat down as he texted May that he was alright. Peter was very thankful for the sandwich. He looked around as he ate and then looked confused. "Where's Bucky?"

Sam sighed. "He's off doing his own thing, or whatever. I don't care." He said.

"Usually if someone says they don't care usually means they do care." He said. Sam looked at him. "What makes you think that?"

"Did he leave in a rush? Did he not necessarily say nice things to you that he used to reference in the past?" Peter said as he ate. Sam raised a brow. "Yeah?"

"Well, that means he didn't want to be around because of something else. Probably something out his control?" Peter said.

"And you know this how?" Sam said as he crossed his arms.

"I had to take psychology 101 and body language in school my freshman year." Sam rolled his eyes. He sighed and looked at the kid.

"I'm gonna tell you something but you must never tell Bucky I told you, okay?" Sam said pointing his finger at him. Peter nodded.

Sam scooted his chair over to his bed and sighed. "We were at the store cause we need to get info on what Mysterio stole, so we borrowed a computer. He got it and decided to go down the escalators. Well, we had assailants on either side and we were gonna get spotted so, Bucky kissed me to-"

"HE KISS-" Sam covered his mouth. "For a kid who got hit by a car, you are way to hyper." Sam moved his hand. "Anyways... it caught me off guard. We got to the hotel we stay at last night, and for some reason he was like, more emotional than usual, and we kissed again."

Peter starting bouncing up and down in his bed, but quickly stopped cause it hurt. "But since then he's been distant."

Peter raised a brow. "Have you spoke to him? Talking things out might help?" Sam was about to say something when his phone rang. He sighed and looked at it, but his expression changed.

"Bucky..."

Bucky was in his therapists office pacing as the phone rang. "He's not gonn-"

"Hello?" Sam said on the other line. Bucky stopped pacing, as if Sams voice could calm his anxiety.

"Sam... hey. Um..." he wasn't good at this.

"Can I meet you at the hospital cafeteria?" Bucky said hoping he'd say yes.

"Sure, why not. See yah."

"Alright see you." He hung up and looked at Dr. Raynor. She walked over and adjusted his jacket collar. "You can do this... be honest okay?"

Bucky nodded. "Thank you." He ran off.

Eventually he made it to the hospital and walked down the halls to the cafeteria. He saw Sam sitting there playing on his phone. He cleared his throat and walked over.

"Hey..." he said quietly.  Sam looked at him and nodded. Bucky grabbed his hand carefully and squatted down by his chair.

"I'm sorry..." he said. Sam held his hand back slightly and sighed. "Why are you sorry?"

"I'm sorry because of how I pushed you away quite harshly... I- I didn't mean to. I was forced to." San frowned and turned towards him. "What do you mean?"

Bucky looked at him. "Apparently... Mysterio got pictures of us kissing last night, and he said he'd use them against you to make you a target. I didn't want him to hurt you." Sam squeezed his hand and sighed.

"Bucky... I don't mind that but, thank you for worrying for me. Buck, I've dealt so many bad things in my life. From racism all the way to homophobia... I can deal with it, but it worries me when you just distance yourself."

Bucky looked at him. "Just because you've dealt with all those things doesn't mean I want you to continue to deal with those things..." Sam sighed and just hugged him.

"Buck, with you by my side I feel like I can do anything and deal with anything. That's what I'm trying to say. Now that you're in my life, you get me through all this BS..." Bucky hugged him back tightly.

Sam broke the hug and stood up, pulling him with him. "Hey, come with me." Bucky followed behind him and took him to the little garden section of the hospital. It had flowers and beautiful trees.

Bucky followed, staring at the flowers and beautiful plants with a soft smile on his face. He stopped to smell a rose.

Sam glanced back slightly as he walked ahead. Bucky met his gaze slightly. The two didn't break eye contact at all. Bucky took the rose off the bush carefully and walked over to Sam.

"Here... for you."

Sam held it and smiled to himself. He looked at Bucky. He held his cheek slightly but smirked. "Imma play hard to get now." He smirked and walked down the path.

Bucky stood there stunned and just shocked. He did the same thing when he was dating back in WWII with the ladies.

Bucky smirked and followed after him through the garden. He was smiling to faintly to himself.

"That Darn Wilson..."