Disappear

Sam sat by buckys bed.

Exhaustion was creeping in.

Natasha was next to him asleep and Peter was asleep on the other side of him.

Alex had disappeared and they didn't know where he was. They also couldn't find his daughter, which mean't he was in hiding.

Sam knew why Alex did what he did, but he wished he didn't.

They all had to play the waiting game. How fast could the doctor make a cure for Bucky, and how long could Bucky stay alive to get this cure.

Bucky... Bucky was unresponsive. The nurses coaxed him to wake up but nothing worked. Nothing at all.  Not even Sams voice could wake him up.

Sam was losing faith. He leaned his head back and sighed. "Why... why can't things be normal..." he said tearing up.

"Why can't people leave us alone.... just to live our lives." He said looking back towards Bucky. He didn't answer of course.

The sound of the door opening carefully behind Sam caught his attention.

Steve walked in. Sam frowned at him and then looked back at Bucky. "Took you long enough to get here..." Sam said annoyed.

He got up carefully making sure not to disturb Peter and Natasha too much. Steve looked at Bucky. "I didn't think it was this bad..."

Sam rolled his eyes. "Doesn't matter... you should still come and check on him." He said as he reached over and held Bucky's hand carefully.

Steve watched the interaction between the two. "You two really like each other..."

"We love each other..." Sam said back at him. "I don't know what I would do without him at this point... he cured my cancer, kept me going, kept me encouraged, and has protected me too..." he said he carefully rubbed Buckys hand.

Steve smiled sadly and nodded. "Not too surprised. He likes protecting those he cares about." He walked over and placed a hand on Sams shoulder. "I'm sorry for how I treated you and everyone when we got reunited. It wasn't right and I can't give an excuse."

Sam looked at Steve and chuckled sadly as he focused his gaze back on Bucky. "Now you sound like Steve..." Steve smiled softly at that and looked at Bucky as well.

"What do you need me to do... anything?" Steve said.

"Help me take down Hydra... so that everyone in this room can be in peace." Sam said as looked at Steve once again.

Steve smiled slightly and nodded. "Sure thing... Captain."

Sam smiled softly at that. "Thanks Steve." Steve nodded as he looked at Bucky.

"No problem... everything will be okay."

Alex was stuck in traffic as he drove. Anne watched her father drive. She frowned as she knew something was completely wrong.

"Papa... why aren't we going to see Ms. Natasha..." she said.

Alex watched the road and sighed. "Because if go near her and her friends, we might hurt them. And I can't bear to hurt them more..." he said sadly.

"... and I can't lose you." He said quietly.

"Papa... what did you do?" He sighed and leaned his head back as they were at a complete stop.

"Remember how I told you if I didn't listen to this one lady, she would come and hurt you and all my friends?" He asked. Anne nodded as she held her stuffed animal.

"Well... I'm afraid that lady will try to hurt you now cause I didn't listen very well... and she may hurt my friends." He said.

"Then... shouldn't you be with your friends to protect each other?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side.

"And isn't that what friends are for? And if you're worried about me, papa, I have no fear that you won't protect me. I even know if I get taken, you'll be there to protect me." She said. Alex stared outside the window as snow fell down onto the street.

"I can still lose you and them if I do that." He gripped the steering wheel as everyone started moving.

His gaze moved over to the rear view mirror, where he saw his little girl looking right back at him. She simply just nodded.

"If that's what you want to do papa, I will follow you, and won't complain." Anne said with a soft smile.

Alex smiled softly and nodded as he drove forward. "Thank you, Anne..."

As he drove he saw his phone ringing. He glanced over.

Red Head :)

He pressed a button on his steering wheel and stopped the call, and continued driving.

Sam was sitting by Bucky's bedside asleep. His hand in Buckys as he laid there.

The doctors had removed buckys arm for safety reasons. When he had a seizure, he would accidentally hit the doctors, and would hurt himself.

He wasn't awake right now either... was unconscious again. Everyone was patiently awaiting the antidote to be developed for Bucky, but, there was so success.

Sam had panicked earlier about but fallen asleep shortly afterwards.

Natasha was sitting next to Maria, cuddled up next to her with Yelena on the other side of Maria and on her other side of Natasha was Peter who was also asleep.

"Do you think... Bucky will be okay?" Natasha asked half asleep. She was tired but still worrying.

She started to close her eyes when she heard Bucky moving around in his sleep slightly. She looked at him.

He was tearing up. He started to talk on his sleep.
"I-I.... don't wanna do that... again." He said quietly. Natasha looked down slightly, knowing what he was having a nightmare about.

Hydra.

She looked at her friend, lay there helplessly, and struggling to live. She teared up faintly and wiped her eyes as she watched him.

All she wanted was to take away this agony from him. She knew he would want to do the same as well. She simply just wiped tears from her eyes and sighed.

Hand in there Bucky, everything's going to be okay...