You're Undead To Me: Elena I

Early that morning, after I woke up, I glanced over at my nightstand and grabbed my diary and pen. But before I could not any words down, I paused for a moment. Then I closed up my diary and set it back on the bedside table, and got out of bed to start my day.

I opened the door to the bathroom and was surprised to see Vicki Donovan brushing her teeth in front of my sink. "Good morning?" I balked. "Morning," she answered awkwardly. "I, uh, I'm sorry. I'm almost done." I shook my head strangely. "It's— It's okay," I stuttered. "Take your time." Then I quickly closed the door to the bathroom and darted back into my room.

A couple of minutes later I heard her leave the bathroom, and I quietly snuck in to take a shower and get dressed for school. Then, I raced downstairs to the kitchen where I saw my Aunt Jenna drinking a cup of coffee and nursing a bowl of cereal while she studied for her college exams. "Jenna!" I whispered, not wanting to risk Jeremy and Vicki overhearing me. "Are you aware of what's going upstairs?"

"Mhm," she hummed in response.

"And you have no objection?" I asked. She shrugged offhandedly. "He could be craftier about it; at least make an effort to sneak her in and out," she replied. I snorted lightly and decided to drop the subject in favor of getting something to eat.

"Oh, by the way," Jenna started. "I won't be home for dinner." "Oh, so you're actually going to do it," I beamed. "You're gonna go out with Logan."

"I'm gonna show up and torture him, yes," she chuckled. "And have you heard from Dean?"

Almost immediately my smile turned into a frown, as my eyebrows creased sourly. "Not since he left that very vague message three days ago," I scoffed. "'Hey, Lena, uh, I have to go somewhere to do something that I should've done a while ago. I'll, uh, explain when I get back.'" Jenna winced sheepishly. "Ooh. Did you call him?" she questioned.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "Not going to either."

"And you're okay with everything?" she pressed gently. I slammed the milk carton on the table vehemently and groaned. "No, I'm not okay with any of it," I snapped. "But I'm not gonna cry about it, either. You know, I was going to write in my diary, but then I thought, what am I going to write? Honestly, I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy." Then I took a bite out of my cereal, ignoring the slightly worried expression etched on Jenna's face.

"Okay then," she muttered.

"I'll be fine," I said, with feigned assurance. Then I took my bowl of cereal and went to go sit in the dining room.

I'd be fine. I wasn't going to let this whole situation with Dean rattle me. Besides, couples argue all the time, it's normal. This was all gonna blow over when I get a chance to talk to him at school.

Right?