one hundred twenty six

Many hours later, when the moon had disappeared, the warm rays of the sun roused the couple from their sleep in a gentle manner.

Jisung found himself surrounded in pleasant warmth. He blinked, opened his eyes and let them adjust to the brightness of the sunlight.

"Good morning," Minho said, wearing a wide smirk on his lips. The cheeky glimmer in his eyes drew Jisung's attention.

"Morning," he said. "Did something happen?" He sounded curious when he replied to Minho who was now laughing. What the hell was so funny?

"Yeah, something very interesting," he said slyly. "You talk in your sleep sometimes," he smirked, causing Jisung to turn pale and then to blush.

Mortified, his eyes widened. "W-What did I say?!"

"Oh... you repeated my name a few times," he drawled arrogantly and raised his eyebrows. "Want to tell me what that dream was about?"

"I don't remember," Jisung answered and flushed. "Did I say anything else? I might actually throw myself in a bin if I find out that I said more weird shit last night."

"Well, you declared your undying love to me," Minho smirked. "And you also mentioned that I'm very handsome. Apparently, you like it when my eyes are red and you find my muscles attractive."

He looked very pleased with himself, radiating haughtiness in such an exuberant way that Jisung had to fight the urge to scoff at his attitude. "Not like you didn't already know that," he said and pouted.

"It's better to hear it come from your pretty mouth," Minho grinned, placing a teasing kiss on the corner of Jisung's lips.

They were laying very close to each other, their legs tangled as their bodies touched under the cover.

No wonder why Jisung had felt so comfortable when he had woken up—right now, it was so cozy in bed that he didn't want to get up anytime soon. So he cuddled up to Minho.

"Clingy," the latter teased, caressing the back of Jisung's head and planting soft kisses on his neck. Jisung sighed, loving the feeling of Minho's soft lips as they gently traced his neck.

"Please don't stop," he whispered, practically melting.

"You like it?" Minho asked amusedly, the corners of his lips quirking up.

"Yes," Jisung's cheeks flushed, a pinkish hue appearing. "I love it."

"Good answer," Minho replied before he continued where he left off.

══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════

Their first day on the island was spent exploring the area around the hotel. It was located near the beach, their room offering a magnificent view of the ocean and the shore.

Not far from it was a town called Santa Cruz—Jisung had already made plans to visit it within the next few days. He wanted to go shopping, and maybe buy some souvenirs for their friends.

At first, Jisung had suggested for them to come along, but Minho threw a fit, saying that the other demons would only cause problems.

On the second day of their vacation, they decided to stay at the beach, later returning to go sunbathing near the pool area of the hotel.

Jisung was still struggling with a little jet lag, so he used the opportunity to take a nap. When night fell, they had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, sitting on the balcony that overlooked the moonlit ocean.

The atmosphere was romantic, almost intimate, and Jisung enjoyed it to the fullest. So far, he loved their vacation since it was all he had wanted it to be.

He could tell that Minho enjoyed it too since he had been more relaxed than before. Not even the countless humans nearby bothered him.

He was fully fixated on Jisung, watching him over the flickering light of the candle. His eyes gleamed blue, and a hint of red was visible as well.

To be continued...

This is probably the only time where I'm thankful for our 'Social Studies' subject. My knowledge about the Canary islands finally came to a use.