sixty-fOive

"W-what was that?" He whispered, peering into the mirror, waiting for the image to come back. But no matter how long he stared, the mirage didn't return.

Had he only imagined it? But how would his mind come up with such a clear image of a stranger?

It had to have been real, but Jisung didn't understand why and how it had happened. Feeling dizzy all of a sudden, he stumbled away from the mirror.

"Who was he?" He mumbled, trying to come up with an answer, but there was none. Could that man have been a witch? A demon?

He didn't know that it would be the first and last time he would ever see that man, and he would forget about the mysterious encounter.

His mind grew hazy as he was swallowed by darkness once more. This time, however, he didn't drown in the all-encompassing blackness but instead resurfaced.

His eyelids fluttered, seeing a bright source of light that drew his attention. He opened his eyes. Gleaming white light greeted him, originating from a familiar light bulb.

He was in his bedroom. He looked over to the side and saw Minho embracing him.

"Jisung, you're finally awake!" He smiled, overwhelmed by relief and joy. "You suddenly collapsed a while ago," he explained. "Are you okay? You're not hurting, are you?"

"No... I'm fine," he answered. And that was the only response Minho needed before he abruptly got out of the bed and ran downstairs. When he returned, he was holding a sharpie marker in his hand.

 "Give me your hand," he demanded, and Jisung, being in his confused state, did as the demon asked. He held his hand out to Minho and waited for what he'd do next.

He sat up on the bed and was wide awake in a second, staring at the drawing Minho put on his finger.

It didn't take long for his tears to gather around his eyes and run down his face. Minho had drew a ring on his finger. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on.

"Why are you crying?" Minho asked him in worry, brushing away the tears on his cheeks with his finger. "Is there something wrong? Are you not feeling well?"

"No, I'm just really happy," he sniffled and smiled. "Why... why did you do that?"

"This... it's a ring. I know it's a bad drawing but, it's the thought that counts." He chuckled softly. 

"Of course, I don't have money to buy you a real one, and neither do you. So I figured to just have a fake one for now."

Jisung was totally at a loss for words now. This moment was surely going to be stored in his mind forever.

This was a memorable moment that he would never ever forget. "Give me the marker. It's my turn to do it for you," he said, grinning.

Minho held his hand out and Jisung did the same thing—draw a ring on his finger. "You and I... are officially together now," he whispered. "I love you."

Minho's lips formed a smirk. "I know," he drawled, taking hold of Jisung's wrist carefully and guiding it to his lips.

He planted a soft kiss on it without breaking eye contact. The both of them couldn't have been more happier now.

To be continued...