thirty-eight

Jisung fled the living room and ran into his bedroom, heaving a sigh after he had closed the door. He dreaded to hear more grim things from Chan and Seungmin.

He was really disturbed and scared by the fact that some other ruthless demons were aiming to kill humans who were bonded to demons.

He creased his forehead as he walked closer to the window and glanced outside, staring at the dark street below.

Seeing a ghost walking down the path, he abruptly closed the curtains. That wasn't something he could take right now.

He walked to his bed and lied down, pulling the blanket over himself. He stared at the dark ceiling with sad eyes, questioning all of his life choices.

It had been the worst mistake of his life to buy this damn haunted house. If he had just listened to what the realtor told him back then, maybe his life wouldn't had gone this downhill.

 A part of him wanted to cut Minho out of his life and never deal with this crap again, while another part wanted things to go back to how they were before.

He missed his old and normal life. He missed those times when he could freely roam around anywhere—but now, he can't even do that without worrying for his own safety.

If he could just turn back time, he would've never associated himself with Minho.

Jisung ended up tossing and turning, unable to fall asleep even though he was tired. He was tense and not calm enough to sleep. After hours of trying, he was ready to give up.

At some point during the night, Minho opened the door to his bedroom, letting faint light fall in. He turned his head to see two dark gleaming eyes watch him. "What are you doing here, Minho?"

"Um, Chan and Seungmin already left and I just wanted to check on you," he said, walking in and closing the door behind him.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" He asked and sat down next to Jisung.

"I'm just thinking about... some stuff."

"What stuff? You can tell me anything that's on your mind."

"Can't you just let me be for a while?" He pleaded, feeling his eyes start to burn out of frustration.

"You know that I don't give up that easily," he replied and inched closer to Jisung. "If you don't want to talk about it now, then you should at least sleep."

"Fine, I'll go to sleep," he said stubbornly, still not wanting to give in to Minho. He lied back down and turned on his side to face Minho. "Are you happy now?"

"No. You're still awake." He moved closer and unexpectedly lied down next to Jisung, studying him and moving some strands of his hair away from his face. "Close your eyes," he whispered lowly.

Jisung let out a breath and sighed. How could he hate Minho if he was acting like this towards him? There was just no way for him to do so. He was fished out from his thoughts when he suddenly felt a hand around his waist.

Minho tightened his embrace around his body and pulled him so close that he ended up lying on his chest. Surprised, Jisung glanced up at his face, but it was shrouded with darkness so he had no way to tell what he was thinking of right now.

"I said sleep," Minho whispered, the calmness in his voice flattering Jisung. His hand then moved over Jisung's head, caressing his hair. His touch was as light as a feather - Jisung hardly felt it, and yet it somehow made him feel a sense of reassurance.

He took a deep breath and relaxed his body, resting his head on Minho's chest. As he snuggled up against him, he heard him chuckle amusedly, but he didn't say anything about it.

Jisung already started to feel groggy, and his eyes closed on their own. Seconds before he fell asleep, he felt Minho's lips on his forehead, planting a soft kiss on his skin.

To be continued...