twenty-three

Jisung stood next to the Han river, listening to the sound of the water as it lapped softly against the stones. He had gone out for a while to buy some drinks - to be specific, alcohol, for Minho and him.

He opened his eyes to the bright blue sky, the rays of the sun directly shining on his face. He went back on his tracks and proceeded to walk to the nearest convenience store.

He hovered over the aisles of alcohol, unable to decide which one he should buy. Seeing that the cheapest one there is soju, he decided to go for it, taking two bottles for each type of flavor it had.

Before going back home, he took a short detour to the local grocery store and bought pork. What would a soju drinking session be without grilled pork belly?

Just as he was about to exit the grocery store, a familiar-looking person blocked his way. He was tall, had black hair and a handsome looking face. Jisung stalled for a second, trying to remember the other guy's name.

"Jisung, I've never seen you here before!" He exclaimed, putting an arm around Jisung's back as the two of them walked outside. Jisung was surprised by his forwardness but he didn't mind his touch at all.

"Uh, yeah, I'm still new to this town."

"Really?" The taller male beamed. "I could show you around if you want to?" He suggested shyly, his smile slowly fading away when Jisung shook his head.

"Um, no thanks. I still have something important to do," He explained. "It was nice meeting you by the way," He smiled awkwardly, still racking his mind for this familiar person's name.

"Uhh, may I ask for your name?" He finally said, prompting the other male to chuckle endearingly.

"Are you serious? There's no way that you can't remember a one of a kind face like mine," He jokingly frowned. "Dude, it's me, Hyunjin. The guy you smacked on the head with a laptop during our highschool days."

Jisung's smile widened, finally able to recall who the other person is. "No way! I swear, the last time I saw you, you were still bald-"

"For fuck's sake, don't remind me of those days," he grumbled. "Shaving my head was the worst and most embarrassing moment of my life."

"Well, that wasn't so embarrassing compared to that time when the professor asked how you were doing. Panicked, you ended up saying 'I'm gay' instead of 'I'm great'. I found that so fucking hilarious, dude."

"Okay, okay, stop now. That memory haunts me in my dreams till this day." Hyunjin pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled deeply.

"Jisung, I'm sorry but I actually have some important things to do right now," he sighed dejectedly.

"I would love to meet you again though. Do you want to exchange phone numbers?" He asked hopefully, and Jisung nodded without thinking.

After exchanging numbers, they both waved a goodbye at each other and parted ways. Jisung hurried home, worried that Minho would think something happened to him because he's been out for an hour now.

To be continued...