eleven

"How did you die?"  Was a question that Minho dreaded to hear. He considers his way of dying as a laughingstock. It was just shameful.

"Um... Minho? Are you okay?" He asked, noticing that the demon had been quiet. "I'm sorry. Was my question too harsh?"

"No, it wasn't. I was just recalling my death," he said, face turning red out of embarrassment. "Jisung, can you... can you promise to not laugh at the way I died?"

"What? Why would I laugh at someone's death?" He shrieked, feeling slightly offended. "What do you take me for, huh? Do you really think that I'm heartless?"

Minho shook his head. "No, don't get the wrong idea. I don't think that you're heartless. It's just that even I find my own death very worth laughing for."

"What? How come? How did you exactly die?"

"I was 22 at that time and I... I got kicked by a horse." Minho vanished into thin air after he revealed his shocking way of dying. Jisung on the other hand, was sat all alone on the floor - trying to stop himself from laughing.

"Fuck, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have laughed at that." 

"Shut up. I can hear you giggling there!" Minho screamed from far away, his voice echoing through the halls. "This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you about this."

"I'm so sorry! I just got caught off guard by what you said!" He explained, now releasing a muffled laughter. "That's such an unusual way to die!"

"I fucking know. It literally kicked me on the chest!"

══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════

"Minho, you can come out wherever you are right now. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have laughed at that." He sighed, feeling guilty.

The demon appeared right in front of him in a matter of seconds, arms crossed. "I hope you've had enough of your fun now," he hissed. "I thought you were gonna die of laughter a while ago."

"I'm sorry..." He said sadly.

"Nah, don't be. Just like what I told you - even I myself find that funny. And also, I lived a very good life anyways. I lied, cheated, stole - and I even killed an elderly man for his rations. I was a shitty human and I think I deserved death."

A sad silence fell upon them, the noise of the movie playing was the only sound to be heard. Jisung spoke up softly. "Have you ever loved anyone?"

"Twice. The first was in the year 1961. Her name was Isabella and she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. Her boyfriend and she bought this house, and I was already planning to kill the both of them."

"But on the very first day, they were in the kitchen and he... he was hurting her. She was screaming and screaming but no one would help her. So I did. I appeared right behind her boyfriend and I broke his neck."

"She was still in shock when I put her in her bed that night. But she wanted me, a demon, to stay with her. And I did. I stayed with her for days. She was so innocent. She was kind. She was everything I wasn't." He sighed and took a sharp breath.

"A week later, she left without saying a word. I just woke up and went to check on her in the bedroom, but she was gone. It's understandable though. No one would want to stay with a demon like me."

Without hesitation, Jisung pulled Minho into his arms. "I'm so sorry." Minho didn't pull away. He was feeling weak at that very moment. He couldn't fight the overwhelming feeling of sadness. He let Jisung hold him, cradle him, and whisper words of comfort into his ear.

"Um, what about your second love?" Jisung asked insensitively, his curiosity betraying him. Minho looked at him and didn't respond. Instead, he leaned closer and pressed his cold lips against Jisung's.

To be continued...

a/n: yes, Minho swings both ways. And in the further chapters, you'll find out why Minho just kissed Jisung out of nowhere.

I wouldn't just make them kiss after months of meeting without a proper reason lol.

People whose name is Isabella after reading this chapter: