eighty-fOive

The group moved past a broken fence surrounding a big property. And their flashlights shone on the building they wanted to visit. It was tall and had a tiled roof, looking fairly old.

Since it must have been expensive to build, it was strange that it had been abandoned. Its looming shadow did not appear inviting at all. The front door was kicked down, the windows broken.

"That's it!" Jeongin said, turning to the rest of the group.

"What is this place?" Jisung asked. He furrowed his brows and tried to get a better look at the building, the faint light of the moon helping him see its untidy state clearly.

"This house used to be an orphanage a few decades ago," Jeongin explained. "Apparently, the entire ground floor is covered in odd symbols."

"Who cares about some dumb orphanage?" Seungmin said annoyedly. He wanted to go back to the party, not explore a moldy old house.

"Can you stop complaining for once?" Jeongin yelled angrily.

"Hey, hey, calm down!" Chan said and went in between them. He gave Jeongin a warning glare, and the demon calmed down a little.

"Who wants to go in first?" Jeongin asked, letting his gaze drift over the group. "Hmm, what about you, Jisung? It would be quite funny to hear you screaming in fear."

"Don't make fun of me," he said. He suddenly disliked Jeongin's change of attitude and his bossiness, but he didn't complain since going in first would be better than going in last... right? "Fine," he decided.

"No way, you are not going alone," Minho said and grabbed Jisung's wrist to keep him from leaving. "I'm coming with you."

"Aww, are you scared?" Jeongin taunted.

Minho's patience ran out. He lost his temper. His rage took over him. "Shut the fuck up, you asshole," he snapped.

"I was just joking, geez. You always take things so seriously."

"Come on, Minho. Let's just go," Jisung sighed.

"Don't forget to look into the basement!" Jeongin called after them, but they barely heard him. Their attentions were captured by the otherworldly aura that surrounded the building. 

It made Jisung shudder, brought an uncomfortable coldness that he could not shake off, and made his stomach churn. Whatever awaited them in there, he hoped that it wasn't anything dangerous...

Noticing that the couple had vanished into the entrance of the house, Jeongin turned back around to face the other demons. But for some reason, his face was distorted in rage and hatred, his iris turned dark.

"Jeongin? What's wrong?" Chan inquired. He didn't receive a verbal answer, but the stare he got was smoldering with rage and the desire to spill blood.

"Do you guys want to know what I'm about to do to you?" Jeongin asked, his excited tone fitting to his twisted smirk. A gleam in his eyes made him look like a deranged psychopath, the sight scaring the other demons to the core.

He approached Felix first and held his arm in a crushing grip. He smirked even wider when he felt the shuddering of his body. "You! You were the one who almost ruined all my plans!"

"What's going on with you?! I don't know what you're talking about-" 

"Shut up! I'll make you regret everything! I'll start by breaking your bones. Nice and slow, so we can both enjoy it. Next, I could cut a limb. Or maybe blast a hole through your stomach. Which do you prefer?"

"Jeongin! Stop that!" Chan sputtered and pushed him aside with his magic. His actions ignited more rage in Jeongin, and this time, the latter became more aggressive.

He unleashed a strong beam of fire and blasted it to the other demons, sending them to the ground and leaving them unconscious. He gritted his teeth and took out his phone to call a certain person.

"Do what you need to do. I've already taken care of these pesky guys. They'd probably wake up in about an hour or so," he said.

"Great. I knew I could count on you," the blood mage responded and chuckled from the other line.

To be continued...

MAUAHHAAHAHAHAH MUAHAAHAHHA