seventeen

The next morning, Jisung woke up feeling like a disaster. His eyes were swollen from the immense crying that he did last night, but then something else had caught his attention. It was the weird star-shaped mark on his left wrist - black in color.

He tried to rub off the weird mark, but it didn't fade away no matter how aggressively he tried. He blinked once, twice, thrice, until he finally reacted.

He jumped out of bed to head to the bathroom but since he moved way too fast, he tangled his legs in his blanket and landed on the hard wooden floor face first. He instantly felt pain, and he cursed himself for being so clumsy.

"AAHHHHHHHH MY FUCKING FACE!" Minho roared from down the basement, his voice echoing throughout the entire house.

"Minho?! What's wrong?" He screamed back, immediately standing up and running to where the scream came from. He found Minho in the basement, massaging his face in an irritated manner. "What's wrong, Minho?" He asked once again.

"I don't know!" Minho growled. "My face suddenly hurt for no reason."

Jisung's eyes widened. "You have that too?!" He gasped, pointing at the same star-shaped mark on Minho's left wrist.

"Yeah, I don't know how I got this. But this strange symbol looks awfully familiar..."

Jisung shrugged, not thinking too much about the situation. "Let's have breakfast first, shall we?" He grabbed Minho's arm but as soon as he did that, the weird mark on his wrist changed.

It didn't look just like an ordinary tattoo anymore. It appeared like a shining star, radiating a blinding white light. Jisung's wrist glowed, but it didn't hurt. It simply felt warm.

Minho roughly shook his hands off of Jisung's as he realized what just happened. He closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Fuck! This can't be happening!"

"W-what? What is happening?" He whispered in horror.

Minho growled once again, but this time, the basement's atmosphere turned dark. "We're bounded to each other! Our lives are now connected! In other words, if one dies, then the other dies as well! If one of us gets hurt, the other will feel the pain."

Jisung shuddered in fear and was at lost for words. It took him a minute before he got to say something. "But... dying wouldn't be a problem for the me, right? Since you're already dead, I won't die if something happens to you."

"Well, that's now how things work when us demons are bounded to someone," he said, scowling in displeasure. "Your life is basically mine as well." 

"No. This can't be true. You must be joking..."

"I wish I was," he spat bitterly. "I can even prove it to you right now." His following actions caught Jisung off guard. He screamed like a seagull, ran towards the wall in full speed, and... bang! He hit his head on the wall.

"Why did you do that, Minho! Fuck, my head hurts! Screw you!"

 To be continued...