sixty-eight

They met Chan and Seungmin at the entrance of the amusement park. The couple was in a great mood and was looking forward to the rollercoasters and other attractions that the park had to offer.

"Hey guys!" Jisung smiled. "Have you been waiting long?"

"No, we just arrived," Chan answered. "And before I forget, Felix and Jeongin have something important to do today. But don't worry, I'm sure that they'd be able to join us some other time."

"Aww, it would've been much better if they accompanied us here," Jisung whined. "Oh well, it's their loss anyways. Let's go inside now!" Rollercoasters rose over the buildings, and the excited screams of people reached his ears.

They paid at the entrance and walked into the park that was already filled with people of all ages who wanted to spend their day here. It was loud and colorful, the smell of sweet candy was in the air since various food stalls were nearby.

Jisung was beaming, already knowing that this would be a great day. He linked his hand with Minho's who looked slightly less convinced and shot annoyed glances towards the many humans around him.

Whenever one of them got too close to Jisung, he would scowl and literally make them back off with his terrifying growl.

"Minho, today is supposed to be fun, you should smile!"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it."

"Dates with him suck," Seungmin chimed in. "He is just a grumpy demon after all. And I'm sure that he's as romantic as a stick."

"Did you just compare me to a stick?! How dare you. You better shut up right now," Minho retorted and icily glared at him.

"I swear, they are like fire and water," Jisung whispered to Chan who grinned in response.

"That's true—they just can't stop bickering. Well, do you want to choose one of the rides now?" Chan asked and Jisung nodded, letting his eyes move over the attractions nearby.

His gaze got stuck on the haunted house that was nestled in between a colorful candy shop and a ride for children. It stuck out since it was entirely black, with cracked windows and fake creepy hologram ghosts hovering over the doors. "The haunted house looks interesting," he said.

"Alright, then we're doing that first," Chan smirked. "Seungmin, Minho, are you coming?" The two demons got distracted from their argument and glanced at them, wondering what was going on.

Jisung smiled. "Come with us, please! We want to visit the haunted house over there."

They stopped arguing altogether and decided to accompany their boyfriends instead. Yes. Chan and Seungmin are dating. As they walked towards the eerily decorated building, Minho snorted. "Are you kidding, Jisung? You want to go in there? That looks so lame."

"No, it's going to be thrilling," he replied with a pout. "Just you wait!"

Minho sighed but didn't complain anymore. He followed Jisung inside and couldn't help but sneer at the overdramatic decorations in the haunted house. It was filled with puppets that were designed to resemble vampires, zombies, witches, and even demons. They just looked so ridiculous to him.

Jisung excitedly walked ahead and glanced around curiously. They were in a dim hallway with old paintings hanging on the walls—and he got a little scared when he noticed that the eyes of the people depicted on them were actually moving.

At the end of the hallway, they reached a room with a creepy ghoul murder scene, fake blood bathing the puppets standing in the darkness.

"Ridiculous," Minho said and rolled his eyes. "Everybody knows that ghouls don't look like that. In fact, they don't even like to eat human brain. This is bullshit."

Jisung awkwardly cleared his throat and shuddered. "T-thank you for clarifying," he stuttered. "But I did not want to know that," he said and Minho chuckled at his terrified expression.

To be continued...

I am absolutely scared of haunted houses. I don't care if it's fake. I am never going in one. I remembered that we had this horror booth in our school and I ended up in the guidance councilor's office for kicking one of the actors there lmao.

I MEAN LIKE, SHE LITERALLY GRABBED MY FOOT AS I WAS CRAWLING UNDER THE BED. IT WAS JUST A NATURAL REACTION OF MINE TO KICK HER HAHAHA I'M SO SORRY.