forty-nine

Felix didn't take long to find Jisung, after all, he was looking like a beacon in the dark. He radiated so much light that everything around him appeared ten times brighter than it was supposed to be.

"Why the fuck do you look like a firefly butt?" He chuckled lowly, and Jisung snapped his head around to look at him.

"Now's not that time to joke around! Please help me," he said. His whole body was now growing weak that he could barely stand, the otherworldly power that ran through his body was slowly burning him.

"Okay, okay," Felix grumbled, unbothered by the hot light. The closer he got, the more it dimmed. He reached out a hand to touch Jisung's wrist, and that was the moment the light vanished entirely.

They were now enveloped by darkness. Jisung leaned his back against the streetlamp behind him, breathing unevenly in exhaustion while looking at Felix hesitantly.

"I've suppressed it for now," he explained in a huff. "But since you can't control it at all, it will come back if you are too far away from me."

"What was that?!"

"It was light magic and this is something you'd only get from an angel," he said, narrowing his eyes at Jisung in suspicion. "Well, we need to do something about it."

"Magic like this is something a human should not come in contact with. Its raw power could rip your body apart if you are not careful enough," he explained.

"Wow, very reassuring," he mumbled sarcastically. "What am I gonna do about this now?"

"Let's go tell Minho about this. I'm sure that he'd be able to help," he suggested, and Jisung sighed at the mention of Minho's name. He hesitated if he should tell Felix about everything or not, since it was obvious that he had no clue about it at all.

"Let's go now," he said, grabbing Jisung's wrist. As they walked along the streets, he couldn't help but notice how strangely Jisung acted. He was caught up in his thoughts, not paying any attention to where he was going, and it wasn't surprising when he bumped into a pole.

They reached Jisung's house within the next thirty minutes, and when Jisung opened the door, his sadness came back. No one was there to nag at him for coming home late at night; no one was there waiting for him anymore.

"Minho! Your boy literally started glowing like a light bulb a while ago, come help him!" Felix shrieked, walking in to the living room where Minho usually stayed in. He had expected to see him lazing around, sitting on the sofa, but he was surprised to see that it was empty.

"Where's Minho?" He asked, and Jisung heaved a sigh before he answered him. "It's quite a long story... Why don't we go sit on the sofa to talk about it?"

Felix was shocked when he learned about what had happened. He was disappointed, and he wanted to hear from Minho why he would leave Jisung just like that.

He had thought about going to hell to search for him, but he figured that it would be much better to keep Jisung company for a bit—and he did.  For a while, Jisung didn't feel as lonely anymore; finally there was life in his house, and finally he had someone to talk to.

Eventually, their conversation drifted to light magic, and Jisung listened attentively since the topic had sparked his interest. Felix told him that he shouldn't neglect the magic within him, especially now that he was alone and had nobody to depend on if it went out of control again.

It was more important than ever that he learned how to use his magic. "Felix, do you think you can help me learn how to control it?" He asked.

Felix hummed to himself. "I'm sorry, I don't have much knowledge about this and I am a really bad teacher. However, I know someone else who can help you out; Jeongin."

To be continued...

Just trust in the storyline. I'll give y'all the happy ending that you guys want... or maybe not... \( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/