one hundred

The next morning, Jisung couldn't believe his eyes when he entered the kitchen. He found Minho preparing breakfast—an unexpected sight. The smell of fresh pancakes reached his nose and made his mouth water.

"Good morning," Minho said, feeling a presence from behind him. He was standing in front of the stove, holding a pancake turner in his hand. "Did you sleep well, Jisung?"

"Yes, I did," he answered, smiling at him. "Have you been up long?"

"A while," he said. "Sit down, the food's almost done."

Jisung took a seat at the table, looking at the steaming coffee cups that were placed on it. "Do you always do this?" He asked curiously, staring at Minho's back.

"No, but I wanted to leave a good impression today," he replied cheekily and smirked. He put the pancakes he made on two plates and carried them to the table where he set them down.

"Um," Jisung breathed, shyly dropping his gaze at his plate. "P-Please help me get my memories back. I want to regain them quickly, but I don't know how. Do you have any idea what I could do to trigger them?"

Minho leaned back in his seat and glanced at the ceiling while he thought. He scrunched his forehead. "That's a good question. We should revisit a place where we've been before."

Suddenly, Jisung's eyes widened and he sat up in his chair. "I know!" He gasped. "What about the place where we first met? That surely would trigger happy memories."

Minho coughed awkwardly, his face looking like he had taken a bite from a sour lemon. It wasn't the reaction Jisung had expected. "That's not a good idea," he muttered.

Jisung's excitement dimmed. "Why not? Did something happen?" He asked concernedly. "Where was it?"

"In this... house," he said reluctantly, avoiding Jisung's gaze. 

"Huh? Were you a burglar?" He joked, but Minho didn't react to it and continued to look at the tabletop embarrassedly, his cheeks flushed.

"No, I wasn't. You came in here uninvited, sort of. That's how we met."

"That doesn't make any sense. Why would I go in someone else's property?" He said suspiciously. Since he had finished his food, he now focused all his attention on Minho.

"Well, you bought this house, and uh... Jisung, just don't ask more questions, okay? We will try something else to get your memories back," he continued, hoping to divert his attention from this topic.

"We visited an amusement park a few days ago... um, actually, we barely had dates. That was the first time I stepped foot outside, I mean, uh, the first time we went on a date."

His uneasiness caused Jisung's suspicions to rise. Sighing, he decided to let the problem go for now. "That sounds good to me."

"Alright. We could leave right away," he said but interrupted himself when he remembered something. "That is if you're feeling well enough for that. I wouldn't want your injuries to worsen."

"I'm fine. A bit of fresh air won't do no harm," he smiled. He stretched his arms and got up to gather the dishes. Minho helped him and placed them in the dishwasher.

"Then it's a plan," he said. "This time, we won't ride any rollercoasters though."

"Why not? They're the most fun!" Jisung pouted. He looked at Minho in confusion, noting his grumpy look.

"I don't like them," he grumbled.

"That's strange," he hummed, putting his hand on his chin.

"What? Why?"

"Oh, I'm just surprised that you're scared of rollercoasters. I thought you were braver than this?"

"Huh? I am brave!" He countered offendedly. "And I never said I was scared!"

Jisung smiled sheepishly, not sure why Minho made such a fuss over his remark. Maybe he had a big ego. Everything he had learned of him so far certainly pointed that way.

"Minho is the bravest, got it," he teased and put another plate in the dishwasher.

Minho was astonished at how easy it was to get along with Jisung even though he hardly remembered him. They were in tune with each other despite his amnesia, and their bickering was just the same as usual.

Before Jisung could pick up another dirty plate, Minho stopped him. "Let me do the dishes alone. It's better if you take it easy. Sit down," he said and shooed Jisung away.

To be continued...