thirty-fOive

After the two demons had left, Jisung stood in the kitchen, about to get the baked chicken drumsticks from the oven. This was gonna be their lunch for today. "Stop," Minho interfered.

He flinched in shock because he didn't even feel his presence behind him. Glancing over his shoulder, he shot a glare at Minho. "Why?"

"We all know what's gonna happen when you touch that burning hot pan," he said and shooed Jisung away. "Let me do it to save the both of us from trouble."

"Hey, you're acting like I'm made of glass and clumsy as fuck," he groaned, but stepped back and let Minho get the baked chickens. 

"Well, you are indeed clumsy as hell," Minho taunted him with a cocky smirk that never failed to piss him off.

"No! I am not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"Ugh, is getting on my nerves your only hobby?" Jisung grumbled, watching as Minho transferred the chicken drumsticks on a plate for them to eat. 

He grabbed two glasses and a bottle of soda from the fridge and walked into the living room where the tv was already on. He sat next to Minho and grabbed a chicken drumstick for himself.

As he ate, he found it very amusing how Minho enjoyed eating his lunch, a satisfied hum coming out from his mouth after every bite of chicken that he took.

Minho was too focused on the tv show they were watching and didn't pay any attention to Jisung. It was one of those weird game shows where people made a fool of themselves, the kind that Jisung didn't like too much.

Minho on the other hand laughed his ass off whenever something bad happened to one of the participants. "Did you see that idiot human fall on his butt? Damn, how stupid are these people?" He snickered in joy.

Jisung shook his head at him, not finding it funny at all, but Minho didn't even see his reaction since he was too concentrated on the tv. Staring at Minho, a sudden thought appeared in his mind.

Minho had promised him that he'd try to kill him atleast once a month - but that came to a stop because of their bond. But what if this bond thing never happened to them? Would Minho still kill him?

He was suddenly torn away from his thoughts, only to realize that he had been looking at Minho this entire time. "I know that I'm handsome, but you're overdoing your staring," he said with a smug smirk.

"I have never in my life met someone as conceited as you," Jisung mumbled under his breath.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not insult me?" He growled, glowering at Jisung with dark and sinister eyes. The room went silent for a while, and Minho wondered if he said something wrong.

"Would you still kill me if we were not bonded to each other?" Jisung asked after a long pause and reluctantly glanced at Minho's face, scared of what his reaction would be.

Minho looked at him for an endless amount of time, observing him without answering his question. Their eyes met, but Jisung couldn't tell what the demon was thinking of.

He got more nervous as seconds passed by, and he already regretted asking that question. Well, not until Minho finally answered him.

"I think... I think I would not," he mumbled lowly. "You're quite... entertaining, and it would be a waste if you lost your life."

"And besides, I wouldn't want to kill someone like you who has a very... special place in my heart," he whispered into Jisung's ear and watched in amusement as he blushed.

"W-What's that supposed to mean?"

"Mhm... I don't know. Use your brain, I guess?" He shrugged his shoulders and went back to watching tv. He smiled proudly at himself, thinking that he was quite slick there...

To be continued...