forty-fOive

Jisung's whole body trembled when Changbin gently took his wrist in his hand, resting his fingers on top of the mark on his skin. Soon, it would be gone forever.

He gazed at it sadly, trying to commit the sight to memory. It would be undoubtedly strange to see it gone since it had been with him for so long that he had gotten used to its constant presence.

A pure light lit up under Changbin's fingers, engulfing Jisung's wrist with its soft glow; he felt a slight burn on his wrist that crawled up to his chest and his heart. The light brightened, blinding him with its intensity.

When he heard a strangled scream next to him, he snapped his head around to see Minho hunch over with agony. He was quivering from the pure light as it burned him.

It seemed to cause him great pain, but he didn't complain and endured it without a word. Oddly, Jisung didn't feel a thing of his pain.

Just seconds later, Changbin was finished and the magic disappeared. He looked at Jisung carefully, and when he saw that he was fine, he visibly relaxed.

Minho on the other hand let out a low curse, watching as his burned skin healed itself.

"It's done," Changbin said calmly as Jisung stared at his wrist in disbelief. The mark wasn't there anymore, it was gone like it had never been there. He looked at Minho and saw his slightly disheveled state.

His hair was tousled and even his clothes were a little burnt due to the divine magic, but he didn't seem fazed, simply staring at Jisung with reddish eyes that didn't reflect a single emotion.

Jisung's eyes burned with tears as frustration and sadness gnawed at him. It felt like someone had ripped a hole in his chest - already, he experienced what Changbin had warned them about earlier.

There was a void within him, a sense of emptiness that he had never felt before. Something important was missing, the feeling unsettled him so much that he had to keep himself together to not let anybody notice his distress.

How should he live on with this terrible situation? It was unbearable. He was ripped from his thoughts when Minho suddenly touched his hand, placing something in it before taking a step back.

Glancing down, he saw that it was a necklace; silver in color. "Keep it. It's yours now," Minho said quietly and turned to walk away from him. Then, he suddenly summoned a portal of some sort, revealing the raging flames of hell.

"Where are you going?" He asked frantically, running towards him. Minho turned to look at him, but his gaze felt colder than usual. "Where I belong," he muttered.

Jisung bit his lip and glanced at him, tearing up. His emotions were boiling over as he began to realize something. "We will see each other again, right?" He asked, smiling shakily.

Minho stared at him before he finally answered. "It was an honor for me to have lived by your side... but please, forget about me," he said emotionlessly before he walked further to enter the portal.

"Please don't leave me! Please!" He cried, but Minho never looked at him, ignoring his words as he stepped through the portal and disappeared.

To be continued...

I love getting emotionally hurt for some reason lol. But trust me y'all, this story won't have a bad ending.... or will it...? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)