fOive

"Dear Diary, this is my 28th day of living together with this human and I'm afraid that I won't survive the night," Minho spoke quietly as he used his sharp fingernails to scratch words through the paint on the wall.

Jisung laughed quietly from behind him. Minho growled lowly and turned around to see the human standing against the doorframe, arms crossed over his chest.

"Oh come on, Minho. I'm not that bad of a roommate."

"First of all, I am not your roommate. Second of all, you are the most annoying creature that I've ever made contact with."

He flew through the door and into the upstairs bedroom. Jisung followed him and took the stairs. It was exhausting.

"Hey, atleast I feed you. And I practically take you on walks seeing as you run every time I enter the same room." Jisung was out of breath by the time he reached the top of the stairs.

 "Technically, you're right about not being roommates. You're more like a pet." In an instant, Minho appeared less than a centimeter before him, glaring at him with two angry, solid black eyes.

"I will never be your roommate. Even more so, I will never be your pet," he hissed bitterly and then disappeared. Jisung let out the breath he'd been holding in. He had really pissed Minho off this time.

══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════

It had been three days. Jisung had not seen or heard even a single sound from Minho. He had searched the entire house up and down but he couldn't find a trace of the demon anywhere.

He changed into a pair of sweatpants and fluffed his pillows before crawling into bed. It was the same routine every night. One leg under the blanket, one leg out, arm hanging off the side of the bed.

He was barely asleep when he felt the softest, coldest touch on his fingertips. This time, the hand wrapping around his didn't try to pull him off of the bed. It just held onto him.

Several minutes passed by before he heard his name being called softly through the darkness."Jisung, are you awake?"

"Y-yes," he whispered back. He inhaled sharply as Minho was now suddenly floating above him, his piercing black eyes shining even in the pitch black of the room. "Y-you scared me," he chuckled nervously.

He sat up on his bed and the demon took a seat on the edge. He wanted to turn the lamp on, but Minho stopped him. "Please don't. I don't want you to see me."

He frowned. "Where did you go? I was starting to worry about you."

Minho smiled softly. Stupid human... always being so nice. "I went into a void. I don't really know how to describe it to you properly. But It's like a never-ending area of nothingness and it's very dark there."

Jisung pondered for a moment. "But... why?"

"I go there to think and when I want to be alone."

The room went silent for a moment before Jisung let out a soft sigh. "Look, I'm really sorry for whatever I said to upset you... That wasn't my intention. I'm really sorry."

Minho stared at him for a moment with sad eyes before he finally responded. "I was a pet, once. Actually, I was more like a puppet. I obeyed my master for years." 

"I would kill for him, torture for him, and I'd even kiss his feet if he'd ask me to," he laughed sadly. "And he rewarded me by trapping me in this house. That's Lucifer for you, I guess."

Jisung placed a hand softly on Minho's shoulder, but he pulled away sharply. "I can't even step foot outside."

"Do you know how much I've longed to just walk barefoot across the grass and feel the sunlight on my skin? I just... I want to feel alive again."

Minho rolled his eyes at himself. "It's funny to hear this coming from a demon, right? I'm quite pathetic, aren't I?"

"I don't think it's funny. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel alive," Jisung paused and smiled sadly.

"I've lived most of my life locked away in my room, reading fairytale books. They help me escape my miserable life. I might be a human, but I know exactly how you feel."

For the first time, Minho smiled genuinely at him. "You and I have quite a few similarities, hm? Well then, I guess you're not all bad after all."

"And neither are you."

"You know that I'm going to try and kill you again tomorrow, right?"

"I know."

To be continued...