one hundred six

Minho and Jisung's life had gradually shifted over the course of three months. They had moved into a new home at the edge of the city and had a lot of fun furnishing and decorating the place.

Their pet Mochi had, after some initial trouble, found its way to their new home and moved in with the couple.

While Minho wasn't too delighted about this, he decided to tolerate the small cat for Jisung's sake since the annoying demon somehow made him happy.

Jisung had also found a new job as a journalist. He busied himself with work, but despite that, he doesn't forget to spend time with Minho.

"Are you finished?" Minho murmured right into Jisung's ear, watching as he typed the last lines of his article.

"Wait, hold on." Opening his email account, he quickly sent the finished article to his editor. The deadline had been approaching, but he had managed to get it done in time.

"Okay, I'm done," he answered, closing his laptop and putting it on the coffee table. "What are you up to again, huh? You sly demon."

"Nothing," he answered cheekily, stealing a brief kiss from Jisung when he had least expected it.

"I knew it," he shook his head, smiling. Laying his head on Minho's lap, he stretched his legs out on the sofa.

"I'm not your pillow," he commented amusedly.

"Yes, you are," he mumbled, glancing up at Minho's face. "It's only morning, but I'm already tired. Writing this article was exhausting."

"You sleep so much, Jisung, it's boring! Last night you slept for six hours!" he complained, making it sound like that was outrageous.

"That's normal for a human though, so you really have no reason to complain," he said, raising his brow. "Shouldn't you be used to it by now?"

"As I said, it gets boring. When you sleep. I can't talk to you. I can't do anything," he whined, and his sulky expression made Jisung smile.

"You're such a big baby," he whispered, giggling. "We can spend more time together now, okay? That should make up for it. I have an idea, actually. Give me a moment."

Jisung sat up and walked to the bathroom. He fetched a comb and returned to the sofa. "Let me do your hair. Look how messy it is!" he nagged.

Minho straightened his back, the gloomy expression on his face fading instantly. "I see, you finally chose to do something meaningful this morning."

"Work is meaningful too," Jisung insisted, sitting behind Minho and brushing his messy dark hair. In some instances, a lock of hair would get stuck on the comb, and Minho would groan in pain.

"By the way, do you know what day comes up soon?" Minho asked and threw Jisung a glance over his shoulder.

"Hmm, what do you mean? It's almost the end of January," he muttered, tilting his head as he thought about it. "I don't know."

"Awh, you don't remember?" Minho said. "My birthday is on the 26th, that's next Friday. I figured that I should let you know since I wanted to have a little party."

"Your birthday?" Jisung repeated, surprised.

"Yeah," he grinned. "I'm looking forward to it this year."

Jisung wasn't sure what to answer since this topic was entirely foreign to him. He thought demons didn't pay attention to their birthdays since most of them were quite old and didn't care about their exact age.

"Oh, uh, where do you plan to celebrate it?" He asked.

"Shit. I forgot about that. I haven't figured out the time and place yet, but when I do, I'll tell you, okay?" He beamed.

Jisung smiled at him and nodded, but he was troubled deep inside.

What gift should he give to Minho? This was something he needed to figure out as soon as possible.

And there was only one way to do it, even if he didn't like it very much. He would have to ask the other demons for advice. If anyone knew, it would be them.

To be continued...