ninety-fOive

Minho wasn't used to fear. He didn't experience this sinking feeling in his gut often. It was a foreign sensation that normally didn't have a place in his life.

He glared at the white tiles of the hospital room, leaning his back against the wall. He had to trust the human doctors to help Jisung, and he didn't like that.

The entire situation had been a mess. When he had left the abandoned building with Jisung's unconscious body in his arms, he found his demon friends sat on the ground, looking weak and tired.

They made a huge fuss, asking about what had happened. Apparently, the demons had no memory of anything. They didn't know what they were doing outside of that abandoned building.

And most importantly, they had no memory of the betrayal they had just experienced. In fact, they were all panicking when they realized that Jeongin was missing.

Minho threw a fit and begged the demons to help him and Jisung first.

Thankfully, Seungmin brought them to the nearest hospital using his teleportation skills. For once, the magic he possessed came handy in a good way.

JIsung's state had raised many questions among the nurses and doctors at the hospital, but Minho had convinced them of a made-up story. It wasn't like he could tell the truth.

He had simply told them that Jisung had fallen down an old stair by accident while they had been exploring an abandoned building.

His injuries had been treated earlier, but he had yet to wake up. Minho looked as worried as everyone in else in the room, furrowing his brows while he watched Jisung's unconscious form on the bed.

"Please wake up soon," he whispered, holding back a sob as he gazed at Jisung's pale face.

In the meantime, he had used the time to explain everything that had just happened to his friends. 

"No! Jeongin wouldn't do that to us!" Chan sputtered in disbelief as he listened to Minho telling them about how the younger demon had betrayed them.

He couldn't believe it. And he didn't want to. They had spent so much time together. They'd been friends for so long, and the truth hurt him very much.

Felix sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "So... is that why he had just disappeared from us now?" He asked and frowned.

"Probably," Seungmin responded, sadness flickering in his eyes. "He must be hiding from us now. I can't believe this..."

══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════

When Jisung regained consciousness, he felt a painful throbbing in his entire body. His back and his head hurt the most.

Groaning, he attempted to remember what had happened, but he couldn't explain where the pain came from or where he currently was.

He heard soft voices and noticed the typical smell of a hospital around him; a mix between sanitizer and cleaning agent. It made him panic.

Had he been in an accident? Had something bad happened to him? The lack of knowledge about the situation freaked him out and prompted him to open his heavy eyelids.

At first, he didn't see much since his eyes couldn't handle the brightness of the hospital room yet, but eventually, they got used to it. 

When he raised his head, he spotted four people who stared at him as if he had just risen from the dead. A few seconds ticked by and nobody said anything, too surprised to give a reaction.

One of them managed to get over his shock quicker than the others and hurried beside Jisung, taking his cold hand. "Jisung, you're awake!" He said, visibly relieved.

He heaved a sigh and his shoulders sank. "I've been waiting an eternity for you to wake up. It's noon already."

Jisung studied him for a moment without answering, looking at his dark hair and the scars on his cheeks. Weird. Instinctively, he pulled his hand away from the other person's grasp.

"I understand if you're mad at me, and I want you to know that I'm very sorry about what had happened," the dark-haired man said, regaining Jisung's attention.

"Who even are you?!" He countered, getting upset. He didn't understand why the doctors would let this random stranger in his room.

And not to mention the other three peculiar men who were just sitting on a chair beside the wall. A heavy silence fell over the room.

To be continued...

MUAHAHAHA OF COURSE, I CANNOT END THIS STORY WITHOUT PAIN.

MAUAHAHAHAHAHA