ninety-two

trigger warning: twerking dog on the loose

Jisung waved his arm up in the air in a circular motion and glimmering white light appeared around him, forming a small dome. It encased his body and served as a protective barrier.

He had no clue how long it would stay, but the sole sight of it made him calm. His thoughts trailed off and it led to Minho. Shouldn't he have come looking for him by now?

Or maybe Minho didn't care about him anymore after he reunited with his ex-boyfriend... But that guy had been an illusion and he somewhat hoped that Minho had realized that on his own.

"What's with this magic you're using? Did your boyfriend teach you?" Hyunjin mocked as he came to stand in front of the dome.

Jisung looked at him, and then it finally clicked. He pushed his fear aside and thought rationally. The person he was seeing couldn't be real. Hyunjin was dead and there was no way he could come back to life.

"You're not Hyunjin," he said.

"Huh? I look like him, I sound like him... why wouldn't I be him?" He retorted before his features took on a darker tone.

"Because he's dead," Jisung replied simply. "You are a blood mage, and I assume you are using illusions to trick Minho and I."

The impostor smirked and clapped mockingly. "Congratulations, you are one of the smartest humans I've ever met," he said sarcastically. "You saw through my trick faster than that stupid demon."

The air in the room suddenly brought disturbing coldness and it turned like black smoke. Hyunjin vanished into thin air as if he had never existed. Jisung was finally alone, but not for long.

Out of the blue, another familiar man appeared right in front of him. Surprised, he flinched back. "C-Changbin?!" He sputtered. He couldn't think properly anymore. Was this another illusion?

"I'm pleased to meet you again, Jisung," he said without sounding serious about it. He looked very different now. The friendliness and kindness that used to be displayed in his face was gone.

His previously blue eyes had turned red, blazing with hatred. Those beautiful white wings that used to be on his back disappeared. He simply didn't look like the angel that Jisung used to know.

"Why are you doing this? What do you want from us?" He shouted nervously. As long as the light barrier separated them, he felt a little more confident.

Changbin shrugged, looking bored of the conversation already. "Isn't it obvious? Have you never heard of blood magic before?" He sighed.

"I gain power by killing, and it just so happens that humans with the ability to use magic are the most valuable sacrifices. It's a shame that they are so hard to find."

He went on to explain, "My magic also gets stronger when I get rid of bonds. Do you remember when you applied for a job in my company?"

"Well, I felt a very strong bond coming from you. And it just so happens that one of my assistants is an acquaintance of that boyfriend of yours. Jeongin. Yeah, I'm sure you know him."

Jisung shuddered when realization struck him. Everything seemed to make sense to him now... and Minho was right, Jeongin was the one who placed them in this mess.

Changbin rolled his eyes at himself, "But as I casted the spell on you guys to remove the bond, I also ended up lending you some of my magic. It's stupid, isn't it?" He chuckled sarcastically.

"So now, I will take back the power that I have lost to you. A regular human like you shouldn't possess that kind of magic."

To be continued...

And the betrayal continues : )