one hundred twenty

Running through the hallway, Jisung abruptly halted and threw himself over to the side. He landed on the ground, grasping for air.

A ball of hot blue fire had crashed into the ground where he had been standing on just seconds ago. Wide-eyed, he quickly got up.

He knew exactly who had attacked him. "Changbin," he snapped.

"Did you miss me?" the blood mage mocked and titled his head. He was accompanied by two more demons that appeared like panthers.

"Why the fuck would I?" Jisung spat bitterly.

"It's unfortunate you survived this far. Consider yourself lucky." Changbin's body heated up the air in the room. Flames licked over his black clothes and ignited his eyes.

"How are you still alive?" Jisung asked, his patience running thin. "I thought Minho had killed you already."

"Did you really think that I'd die just like that?" Changbin scoffed, playing with a blue flame that danced in his hand. "That was just an illusion. I simply wanted to see both of your strengths."

"I am actually quite impressed with that demon. He's strong. You on the other hand... I could conclude that you're no match for me."

Jisung clenched his hands into fists. "Shut up, I'll prove you wrong." Despite the confidence he had shown, he was trembling deep inside.

He would be lying to himself if he said he wasn't worried. He knew Changbin was right. He was indeed no match for a blood mage.

"Oh my, I'm so scared," Changbin yelped sarcastically.

Jisung ignored him and focused on his magic. He remembered how easily Minho had created a weapon of his own with it.

Jisung had never done it before, but he was sure that concentration was the key to it. So he did just that.

Calming his breathing and frantic mind, his light magic formed a slim silver weapon—a fencing saber. He held it confidently and didn't show any concern, only glared at Changbin with loathing.

The angry screams and howls coming from a distance distracted Jisung though. There were numerous demons surrounding him and he knew that he would stand no chance against all of them.

"This... this isn't fair," he managed to say. "Play fair, you damn blood mage. This should only be a battle against us both."

Changbin chuckled at that. But he also had to admit that Jisung had a point there. And plus, it would be a disgrace to him if the human ever ended up getting killed by his demon pets instead.

"Fine," he decided. Waving his hand up in the air, the other demons approached him. And with a single snap, they vanished in thin air.

However, the two panther-like demons right next to Changbin didn't vanish. "How about that? Is this fair now?" he teasingly smirked.

Jisung was about to throw a fit at him, but he heaved a sigh. He didn't want to embarrass himself any longer. "Yeah, fair enough, I guess." 

Changbin growled excitedly, already setting his eyes on Jisung. His dangerous magic darkened the atmosphere.

His blue eyes slowly faded to red as the flames licking over his arms burned brighter. A blast of heat shot towards Jisung, prompting him to shield his face.

That was the last straw for Jisung. His restraint snapped. He lunged at Changbin, thrusting his sharp blade towards him.

Jisung was fast and his lithe movements allowed him to get dangerously close to Changbin. The blood mage was able to evade the attack, however. This was quite a challenge.

To be continued...

Hm... I'm really doubting if I should end this with a happy ending. It's so nice to see you guys suffer. I mean, uhhh—