nine

Finally, it was time for dinner. Jisung let the demon help with washing and cutting the vegetables, while he worked on seasoning the meat.

When Minho was done cutting, he placed the veggies into the bowl of rice and he watched Jisung being so focused and precise as he cut the meat into thin strips.

"You're... you're really good at cooking, Jisung." He said softly, accidentally admitting something that he swore he never would.

Jisung beamed. "Cooking is actually my second passion in life."

"What's your first?" Minho pondered.

"Eating," He grinned and the demon chuckled.

Minho set the table like a good human and helped Jisung carry all the side dishes over. They sat across from each other; a bowl of bibimbap in front of them, and extra bowls of rice and vegetables to share.

To Jisung's surprise, Minho ate like a human too. He used the proper utensils instead of just devouring the entire food in a second like what he usually does. But with every bite he took, he'd accompany them with moans of satisfaction.

Jisung didn't mind it though. In fact, he was happy that Minho was enjoying his food. He also admitted to himself that he actually really enjoyed his company today. It was way more pleasant than arguing with the demon.

When Minho finished, he looked down at the empty bowl pitifully. Jisung chuckled. "Here, you can finish mine. I'm stuffed." The demon smiled happily and accepted the bowl that was being offered to him.

Jisung began clearing the empty dishes from the table and soaking them in soapy water. Minho brought the rest of them and took the sponge from Jisung's hands. "I... I can wash them," he said.

"Really?" Jisung asked. "You're being... weirdly nice to me."

Minho glared at him. "I'm only doing this because I'm pretending to be a human today. So don't think too much about it. I'm still going to try and kill you later, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. And speaking of later—you still have to answer my questions just like what your promised. Just meet me in the living room later," Jisung said as he walked away. "And don't you dare back out later, coward!"

To be continued...