forty-seven

Jisung didn't know for how long he had been awake, lying on his bed without moving. Mochi then joined him and snuggled against his neck.

He was grateful that at least this demon wanted to stay with him - it somewhat eased the pain in his heart and made him feel a bit less lonely.

He moved his fingers through Mochi's glowing fur, hearing the cat purr happily. The warmth of its body offered comfort to Jisung, and he hugged the small being close to his body.

"Thank you for staying," he whispered, the cat's ears perking up at the sound of his voice.

His eyes were fixed on his small friend, but he was lost in his thoughts and his absentminded gaze didn't focus on anything. He didn't know how to deal with the pain in his heart.

Changbin had been right when he had told him that he would feel like something important was missing after the bond was broken.

There was a void within him, making him feel as if someone had torn a chunk from his heart and thrown it far away.

He had the constant urge to fill the void, to go back to Minho, but he couldn't, even if he wanted to. Firstly, he was in an unreachable place and secondly... Minho didn't want him anymore.

Again, his tears spilled over and ran down his cheeks. He sobbed pitifully and drowned in his own bitterness and anguish. "I love you," he sobbed, burying his face in his hands. "I love you! Please come back!"

No matter how often he repeated it, the silence in the house was encompassing and he never received an answer. Of course, who would've answered him when he was all alone in the first place?

Why did he expect Minho to love him back? He had never, not once, directly stated anything of the sort. Yes, he had told Jisung that he had a special place in his heart—but now that he thought about it, he assumed that Minho never meant what he said.

All the kisses they shared must have been nothing more than a game to Minho. Why did he even expect a demon to feel anything besides hate or anger? How naïve of him.

At first, he didn't hear Mochi's meows, but when it touched him with its paws, he finally reacted and wiped his tears with his sleeves, glancing at the demon. Maybe he was only imagining it, but its glowing eyes looked duller than before.

He smiled sadly and patted its back. They only had each other now, but that would be enough. A glance at the clock on the nightstand reminded him that he had to atleast eat something for today.

It was already two pm, and he had skipped breakfast due to his grief. He got up from his bed with a sigh and trudged into the kitchen, Mochi trailing after him.

Standing in front of the fridge, he looked around for a moment, but since he didn't have an appetite, he really didn't know what to cook. Biting his lip, he closed the fridge. His stomach churned.

There was nobody who would eat lunch with him, or dinner. He was all alone and he knew that he had to get used to it, but it was hard.

He had several visions of Minho in the house, sitting on the sofa, watching tv, doing the dishes and laughing out loudly... but he wasn't actually there. It was all just his hallucinations.

To be continued...

MORE MORE MORE PAIN! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA NOM NOM NOM