Chapter - 57

Recap: Vanaja and Hariharan were left with nothing as planned by Yash

*************

Yash came out of the washroom with a towel in his waist and saw Anjali sitting in her usual Tees and tracks. She saw him and averted her gaze out of shy. He chuckled at her knowing the reason.

Yas: Adiye daily dhane pakkure apram enna ?. Now why aren't you getting ready ? Time agudhu ma.

Anj: what costume should I wear ? Regular office wear or something special for pooja ?

Yas: Wear whatever you want. Nobody is going to question you then why worry ?

Anj: saree na romba too much ah irukkum may be salwar ok va ?

Yas: seri ma wear and get ready. Will go together.

Anj: Adhellam mudiyadhu I will come with Rishi anna.

Yash gave up and went to his closet and got ready in a formal shirt and pant. He set his hair and and waited for Anjali in the living. Then she came hopping on the stairs wearing a baby pink salwar and the shawl was pinned in single to her shoulder. Her hair was left wavy with a stoned clip clutching few strands to her one side alone.

Yash rushed to her and lifted her from the last stairs holding her waist. she squealed to his sudden action.

Yas: Enna nallavane irukka vida mattiya ? Ippadi mothama sethu vechu bundle panna rose mathiri irukke.

Anj: Vidunga Yash, poojaikku time agudhu. Rishi anna ku call pannunga.

Yash left her and held her hands in his saying Rishi would reach the spot directly and they both got in his car. The factory and office was planned in the outskirts as the transport of the materials was easy over there. It took nearly an hour for them to reach there.  Temporary stages with shamiana was set and chairs was placed for the people. Rishi had already arrived and the project managers were seated in the chairs. Few assistants were helping the priest to arrange for the pooja.

Yash walked with Anjali following him. All the members greeted him and Yash sat in the chair along with them.  Anjali stood with Rishi and was checking the arrangements.  Soon the priest called them to start the pooja and Yash along with the members walked to the place.

The priest asked someone to lit the lamp to start pooja. Rishi looked at Anjali and immediately eyed her but she nodded negatively.

Rishi: Anjali lit the lamp ma. 

Priest: Ladies vilakku yethuradhu dhan vishesham vilakku yethunga ma.

Anjali removed her sandals and took the candle and was about to lit the lamp when Rishi spoke again.

Ris: But Yash dhane CEO so avaru panradhu dhane correct. Yash why don't you join her.

Yash nodded with a light smile and removed his shoes. He held Anjali's hand and they lit the lamp together. Though the people were shocked, none had the guts to question on what they saw. Yash did the pooja along with Rishi and priest gave the stones to Anjali and asked her place it in the pit. 

Her shawl was disturbing her and Yash caught her shawl in his one hand and helped her to place the stone in the pit and they did it together. Soon they finished the pooja and the priest gave sweets to Anjali to distribute to all but Rishi took it from her gave it to the assistants and got it distributed to all.

The Priest looked at Yash and Anjali asked if they are husband and wife. Yash winked and smiled  at him. The Priest took some rice mixed with turmeric and chanted mantras and threw on Yash and Anjali and blessed them.