Chapter - 45

Recap: Dhiya and Nila convince Anju to speak with Yash to sort the issue.

******************

Yash waited for her to come out of the room but she stayed as usual and he knocked on the door but there was no response from her. He was getting beyond mad of staying away from her and started to smoke. The ash tray was filled with the left outs of the cigarettes and a few were on the teapoy in front of the couch he was sitting. 

Anjali came out the next morning and he was leaning back on the couch and looked a complete mess in a vest and tracks with messy hair. She saw the many bits of cigarettes he had puffed and moved to the kitchen.

Hearing the sound Yash walked towards the kitchen and saw her preparing tea. He leaned on the wall running his hands through his locks restlessly. He took a glass and filled with water and sipped slowly looking at her.

Yash: Anjali....can we talk please ? Give me one chance.

Anjali stayed quiet and stirred the tea in the vessel.

Yash: Nee ippadi pesama irukuradhu enna kolra mathiri irukku ma please... I can't bear.. I know you are hurt and let me be the one to heal you too...

Anjali turned off and walked away from kitchen and he followed her. when she was about move quickly he quickly grabbed her wrist to stop her. She harshly pulled her hand away from him.

Anj: Don't touch me....don't ever touch me

Yash: Ok I won't touch you...I won't touch you...and I don't need a hand that you don't wish to touch you.

Yash hit his palm with a great force on the glass table which shattered to pieces. Anjali startled and saw blood gushing out from his hand but he stayed solid with his eyes blood shot in tears looking at her.

Anj: Yashhhhhhhhhhhhh

She rushed to him and took his hand in hers. There were few glass pieces pricked and she removed it carefully and wrapped her shawl around his palm. She quickly called the doctor to treat him and turned to him.

Anj: Are you not done with the pain you gave me already ? why do you hurt me again and again ?

Yash: I m sorry...unna hurt panra intention la pannala..I won't even think in my wildest dreams to hurt you. Please Anjali.I agree all I did was a mistake and that too not a simple one to forgive easily but still I beg you. Please forgive me. Just one time. 

I myself wanted to tell everything to you. I swear. I wanted us to be in a lonely place to tell you everything about my life. I never had any intention of hiding from you.

The doctor came in and treated the wound in Yash hand and bandaged it.

Doc: the cut is little deep but no worries it will heal soon. You need to clean the wound and bandage it daily and take these tablets. 

Anj: thank you doctor.

After the doctor left Anjali sat opposite to him with arms crossed.

Anj: Pesalam . Tell me what you had to tell me. 

Yash: Thank you. whatever I say now is not to justify my deeds but I want you to know me completely.

I remember my life when I was 4 or 5 years. All I had seen was my mother Meera showering her love to me. Goutham was two years younger to me. I have never seen my father playing or not even speaking to me. I have seen him always carrying Goutham and all his love and care was meant for Goutham alone. 

I used to watch them play and I yearned for his love which I never received. Sometimes my mother used to behave differently in front of my father but in his absence she loved me so much.  Same goes to Goutham, he used to play with me but when our father was around he never comes to me. I never knew what made them behave so differently.