CHAPTER 69

"I cannot marry you Shurpankha, but you can ask my brother Laxman over there." Shri Ram said.

"Hmm. Handsome he too is." Shurpankha said.

She went to Laxman and jingled her bangles to catch his attention, he looked at her with a frown which for some reason intimidated her. But that's just the anger of Laxman which always stays on his nose.

"Why are you looking at me angrily ? Don't you know that a pretty woman must be looked at lovingly ?" Shurpankha said.

"What brings you to me devi ?" Laxman asked coming straight to the point.

"I like this attitude of yours. I like you. Marry me and make me yours." Shurpankha said.

"I am merely a das of Bhaiya and Bhabhi. Do you want to become a dasi by marrying me ? You see, I am only second to Bhaiya, and you don't seem to be the one to settle for the second best." Laxman asked.

"Yes you're right. I am the kind to settle only for the very best ! But you both are insulting me by rejecting my proposals and all because of this woman !" Shurpankha said pointing at Janki, who was lost in meditation.

Shurpankha dropped her disguise and came to her real for of a Rakshasi shocking both Shri Ram and Laxman. She then snapped her head at Janki.

"I SHALL EAT HER UP NOW AND MAKE YOU BOTH MINE !" Shurpankha proclaimed.

She ran towards Janki, but before Shurpankha could touch her the wife of Shri Ram stomped her hand on the ground causing the rakshashi to fall down.

Laxman and Shri Ram looked at Janki as she stood up opening her eyes and looking at Shurpankha. There was a divinity in her stance, a divinity in her eyes, the divinity which was long supressed.

"HOW DARE YOU !" Shurpankha yelled raising her hands with long nails.

She went to attack Janki again but this time Laxman came and sliced off Shurpankha's nose right in time.

"My nose ! My nose ! You will pay for this ! You all will pay for this ! Especially you Sita !" Shurpankha exclaimed and ran away

"Laxman ? What have you done ?" Shri Ram said.

"I have done what Guru Vishwamitra taught us. A sinner is sinner, not a man not a woman." Laxman said.

Shri Ram smiled at him and then looked at Janki and she looked at him with a smile, the same smile that Mata Lakshmi used to give to Narayan.

-------

"Keshav, so devi Janki realised who she was ?" Sehdev asked.

"Yes. She realised that she is Lakshmi but still her journey was incomplete. She still has to attain the knowledge of Mahalakshmi." Krishna smiled.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Shurpankha - You all will pay for this ! Especially you Sita !

Janki who is Mahalakshmi -