CHAPTER 40

Laxman stomped into the room of Kaushalya, with a bow in hand and arrows in quiver. It seemed as though he was ready to wage war.

"Bhaiya ! Bhaiya ! Is it true what I am hearing ?! On behest of Kaikeyi, Maharaj took away your throne ?!" Laxman asked.

"Laxman, since when did you start calling Mata Kaikeyi as Kaikeyi ?" Shri Ram asked.

"You call her Mata ! I won't consider that greedy woman as my Mata ! And neither will let this injustice happen ! My bow is not a ornament for decoration !" Laxman said.

"What do you mean ? What are you about to do Laxman ?" Shri Ram asked raising his brow.

"Battle." Laxman said.

"Battle ? With Pitashree ?" Shri Ram asked in disbelief.

"No. With Maharaj Dashrath and Maharani Kaikeyi. I will take them into custody first, and then I will attack Kekeya and stop Bharat from coming." Laxman said.

"This is your anger speaking, it's wrong. Laxman, there are no enemies here. All are our own." Shri Ram tried to explain.

"They are strangers disguised as our own ! That's why your succession was stopped ! I won't allow this ! While Laxman is here only you will be the king of Ayodhya

"They are strangers disguised as our own ! That's why your succession was stopped ! I won't allow this ! While Laxman is here only you will be the king of Ayodhya. Not even Bharat ! Not even Maharaj Dashrath ! After all the royal court has decided that you will be the king." Laxman said.

"Laxman, is this what Gurudev has taught you ? Is this your respect for mother, father and brother ?" Shri Ram asked.

"Bhaiya, I follow your ideals, I respect our elders." Laxman said.

"So is this your respect ? So this is how you respect our father ?" Shri Ram asked.

"He has fallen from grace." Laxman said.

"Laxman !" Shri Ram warned.

"Bhaiya, he has been unjust towards you due to a woman !" Laxma said.

"Stop it Laxman ! That's enough !" Shri Ram scolded.

Janki looked at both the brothers, never had she imagined to see these both having a quarrel

Janki looked at both the brothers, never had she imagined to see these both having a quarrel. Laxman lowered down huffing while Shri Ram sighed.

"First thing, no one has been unjust towards me. And second thing father has not fallen from grace because of a woman, that woman is our mother Laxman. And didn't you recognise the eternal glory of our father ? You didn't even try to read his mind. You didn't understand the pain and sadness Pitashree is going through. He is in a moral dilemma, where he will lose either way and he knows that. And Laxman ? You were about to wage a battle against him ? Take him into custody ?" Shri Ram said.

"Forgive me Bhaiya." Laxman joined his hands, finally understanding his mistake. Shri Ram smiled and embraced his brother while Janki and Kaushalya sighed in relief.

------

"Oh moral dilemmas, who better than us can understand." Bheem said.

"Indeed." Nakul sighed.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

It's a lose-lose situation for Dashrath.
😔😔😔

It was such a great idea to mix both Ramayan and Mahabharat here, wasn't it ?

One teaches you what is Dharma while other teaches you the subtle nature of Dharma 🙏🙏🙏🙏