CHAPTER 8

"And thus Shri Ram killed Tadka and liberated her soul from the cycle of birth and death." Krishna said.

"What happened then Keshav ?" Sehdev asked.

"The news of Tadka Vadh reached Janakpur." Krishna smiled.

-------

Janki was in the kitchen cooking food as Urmila accompanied her. She always used stay by her side at all times, at her 'service' as Urmila would put it.

"Didi is this cooked or should I fry it more ?" Urmila asked.

"It's cooked. You can remove it from the stove." Janki said looking at her food.

Suddenly her younger sisters Mandavi and Shrutkirti came there running.

"Didi, Rakshashi Tadka has been eliminated !" Mandavi said.

"What ?" Janki asked frowning.

"Yes. Two Suryavanshi princes put an end to her terror." Shrutkirti said.

Listening to that the eyes of Janki lit up as a smile appeared on her face.

"Suryavanshi princes they were ?" Janki asked.

"Yes." Mandavi nodded.

"Raghuvanshi they must've been ?" Janki asked, her smile widening.

"Maybe, I'm not sure." Shrutkirti said.

"They must've been accompanied by Guru Vishwamitra...." Janki said.

"Well, Baba was talking about Brahmarishi Vishwamitra." Mandavi said.

"We should get the guest room ready." Janki said sprinting outside the kitchen.

"But for whom ?" Urmila asked going behind her.

"You will know." Janki smiled.

On the otherside, Shri Ram and Laxman along with Guru Vishwamitra entered an abandoned hermitage.

"What is this place Guruvar ? It seems cursed." Laxman said.

"This was once the hermitage of Rishi Gautam and his wife Ahilya." Vishwamitra said.

"Hermitage of such a revered Rishi ? Then how come it's in this condition ? The only thing which seems to have life here is that tulsi plant." Shri Ram said.

"This place is cursed. And it was Rishi Gautam only who cursed it or should I say cursed her." Vishwamitra said.

"Cursed whom ?" Laxman asked.

"His wife, Ahilya and also Devraj Indra." Vishwamitra said.

"But why ?" Laxman ji asked.

"A long time ago due to the nuance of Indra, who in disguised form of Rishi Gautam played with the honour of Ahilya. When the revered sage came to know about it, he cursed Indra but also his wife and turned her to stone." Vishwamitra told.

Shri Ram and Laxman listened to him carefully as Vishwamitra pointed at a big stone.

"That stone over there, is Gautam Rishi's wife Ahilya, waiting to be released from the curse." Vishwamitra said.

"That is Mata Ahilya ?" Shri Ram asked.

"Yes. When one accepts the marginalized and brings them back to society, is the one who comes to be known as noble. Anyone can curse a person, but the power to bless someone is not what everyone possesses, not everyone can uplift the downtrodden. Ram, free her from the curse." Vishwamitra said.

"How Gurudev ?" Shri Ram asked.

"You know everything Ram, yet you pretend you don't understand. I know you're doing this for the satisfaction of mine, your teacher. But I will tell you since you have asked me. Ram, you need to touch Ahilya with your divine feet." Vishwamitra said with smile.

Shri Ram joined his hands and nodded. He went towards the stone figure of Ahilya. He removed his footwear exposing his lotus like feet, more holy than Ganga.

With those divine feet, he touched the stone. And just the dust of his feet, for whom nothing is impossible, turns the stone into a woman. It releases Ahilya from the curse.

Shri Ram removes his feet, as Ahilya looks at him. She stands up and joins her hand in front of the lord of all.

"Shri Ram... A thousand thanks to you, a thousand salutes to you. I now realise that my swami didn't curse me, he actually blessed me. The curse was proved to be a greater than any boon." Ahilya said. Shri Ram smile at her.

She bowed one last time to him and then disappeared in thin air. Vishwamitra came towards Shri Ram along with Laxman.

"Ram, the kingdom of Mithila is nearby. We will meet the son of Rishi Gautam and Ahilya, Sadanand there. He will be very happy to meet you. Come." Vishwamitra said.

"As you say Gurudev." Shri Ram bowed.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Shri Ram is going to Mithila ! He's going to Mithila !