CHAPTER 26

The wedding ceremony is over, and now it is the time for Vidai and Janak comes to Dashrath with joined hands.

"Maharaj Dashrath, today our status had been raised after establishing an alliance with you." Janak said joining his hands.

"Maharaj, who's alliance will be fixed by whom, that is decided by Vidhata. And at the right time he joins all the missing links. This is god's grace that today Ayodhya and Mithila are related with equality." Vashisht said.

"Guru-shresht, I am the father of the girls, how can I be equal to Maharaj Dashrath ? I am his servant. How can we both be equals ?" Janak said.

"What you said was true Maharaj Janak, how can we both be equals ? For today you are the giver and I am the yachak, the seeker, who has received the gift of girls from your doorstep. And the giver is not equal but always superior than the seeker. And henceforth whatever you will say will be order for us." Dashrath said joining hands.

"Maharaj, my only request will be to forgive my daughters if they make any mistake." Janak requested.

"Maharaj Janak, these 4 girls are not only your daughters anymore, they are also my Putravadhu. And the putravadhus of Dashrath will be treated like daughters of Dashrath. Whatever was missing in our home will be completed by their arrival, and for this I will always be obliged to you." Dashrath bowed his head.

"Ayodhya-naresh you are so generous that I am assured that my daughters will have no hardships under your chhatrachhaya." Janak said.

Both Janak and Dashrath smiled and embraced each other. On the otherside Maharani Sunaina and Chandrabhaga were getting emotional seeing their daughters and their husbands together.

"Mandavi-Shrutkirti, now you both have to abide by your Sita Didi. I am sure Janki will light your way at times of darkness." Chandrabhaga said cupping the face of her daughters.

"We will." Mandavi and Shrutkirti sobbed holding her hand.

"Urmila just like you have been dedicated to Sita, you have to be dedicated to your husband and mother-in-laws also." Sunaina said.

"Yes Maa." Urmila nodded as tears fell from her eyes.

"Sita, you have to fulfill the biggest responsibilities now. You are the eldest vadhu of Maharaj Dashrath, the honour of Raghuvansh depends on you. You also have to set an ideal example for your sisters." Sunaina said.

Janki didn't say anything, just nodded while tears fell from her eyes.

"Daughters, always remember the knowledge we had given you about the significance of a wife in her husband's life and the family." Chandrabhaga said.

At that Janki frowned and looked at Chandrabhaga and Sunaina, they had probably given that instruction before her arrival at this Yuga.

Shw got worried that Devi Sita was supposed to be the epitome of wifehood but Janki doesn't know what is the significance of a wife in family.

Shri Ram came to know of her worries and smile appeared on his face, knowing that it is him who has to guide her way to self-realization now.

------

"Madhav, devi Janki must've been in a dilemma. I am curious how will she who yet doesn't know the significance of a wife will become the epitome of wifehood." Arjun said.

"Well you see, that is the beauty of this story Parth." Krishna said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

That Janak and Dashrath Samvad is one of mine and my father's favourite segment from Ramayan ❤️