CHAPTER 42

"What happened then Keshav ? Did devi Urmila agreed at once ?" Nakul asked.

"Devi Urmila agreed but wanted to accompany her husband as well but Laxman denied." Krishna narrated.

------

"Urmila, try to understand. I have to constantly serve Bhaiya and Bhabhi. How will I take care of you ?" Laxman asked.

"Nath, I am not going so you can take care of me. I want to go so I can take care of you. After you will come to the hut, who will serve your aching feet ?" Urmila asked.

"Tired ? Urmila, in these 14 years I don't have the right to be tired. When Bhaiya and Bhabhi would be sleeping I would stay awake watching over everything. When they are finished eating only then I will eat, all the gravels of their path must be cleared by me. The servant doesn't have the right to be tired." Laxman ji said.

Urmila lowered her gaze as tears fell from her eyes. Laxman kept a hand on her shoulders and looked at her sadly.

"Urmila, your duty and my duty are the toughest here. You must serve and take care of Mata Kaushalya, because both her son and vadhu are going to the forest. Only you can console her, because you are indifferent from Bhabhi Sita in your character." Laxman said.

Urmila looked Laxman and nodded as he wiped the tears off her face and gave her a sad smile.

"My dear, will you do me one favour ?" Laxman asked.

"What Nath ?" Urmila asked.

"When I leave with Bhaiya and Bhabhi, I want you to bid me goodbye with a smile on your face, there should be no tears in your eyes. Because for 14 years, that smiling face of yours will be my source of strength and motivation." Laxman said.

"Very tough thing you have asked for." Urmila said.

"I know your sacrifice is big. Maybe no one will understand this besides me, who will always be indebted to the tears you would be holding back." Laxman said.

At that Urmila closed her eyes controlling all the tears that were trying to escape. And when she opened those orbs, she looked at her beloved with a smile. A tear escaped the eyes of Laxman, as he took Urmila in his embrace.

On the other side the wife of Guru Vasisht, the revered Sati, Arundhati came after hearing the news of exile. When she entered the palace she was greeted by Kaikeyi and Manthara.

"Gurumaa has stepped in the palace, blessed are we." Kaikeyi said.

"Rani Kaikeyi, not blessed but doomed you are. Don't make the mistake of sending Ram away in the forest, every citizen is shedding tears that without Ram there is no Ayodhya. The kingdom will become lifeless and unfortunate. Then how will Bharat rule ? You think he will be happy learning this treachery ?" Arundhati said.

"Why won't he ? He is fit to rule." Kaikeyi said.

"I know my Bharat, he will curse you Kaikeyi. You will get nothing but regret and guilt." Arundhati said.

"What will I get or what I won't, I think you shouldn't worry about it Gurumaa, or else I might have to cross the line decency." Kaikeyi said.

"The woman who has crossed all the lines of righteousness is worrying about the line of decency ? Remember Kaikeyi, when in future people will talk about the cruelty of step mothers then they will forever take your name. No parent will ever name their daughter Kaikeyi !" Arundhati said.

"Correct you are ! There is and will always be only one Kaikeyi." The queen said and walked out with her head high and Manthara following her, limping on the stick.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

SANSAAR URMILA KA TYAAG KABHI NAHI BHULEGA 🙏🙏

Yeh baat satya hai ki sauteli Maa ki krurta mei sab Kaikeyi ka udharan denge lekin Maa ke sacche aur nischal prem mei log inhi ka Yashoda naam bhi lenge 🙏🙏🙏