CHAPTER 39

"Such a news spread like a wildfire in the entire Ayodhya. Here they were preparing for Shri Ram's coronation and now they hear the news of his vanvas." Krishna said.

"What was the reaction of Devi Janki ? She was aware of it, right ?" Arjun asked.

"She was aware. But she still was upset for the injustice that happened to Shri Ram." Krishna said.

------

Janki looked at the moon from her balcony, she was aware that going to vanvas was inevitable, but she didn't like how Shri Ram faced injustice.

He loved everyone so much, especially Kaikeyi yet this is the fruits he got after loving and serving her so much. He didn't resent even a bit and with a smile obeyed her wishes.

She was sad for Urmila and Laxman also, now these two would be separated for more than a decade. She felt bad for Mandavi and Bharat, who knows how much the praja will hate them. She was worried how Shrutkirti and Shatrughan will live without them.

Janki left and went straight to Kaushalya's room where she was crying hugging Shri Ram.

"O Ram, you have not asked for permission, you have asked for your mother's life." Kaushalya sobbed.

"Mata ?" Janki entered the room.

"Sita ! My child !" Kaushalya went towards her and embraced her.

"Sita, see what is happening.... My Ram wishes to go to vanvaas by renouncing everything. What bad luck has befallen us ?" Kaushalya said.

"Mata, I have heard everything, I have understood everything. I too am here to ask your permission, so I can follow my lord to forest." Janki said.

"Sita, what are you saying ? You will go to forest ?" Kaushalya asked.

"Sitey, what are you saying ? Do you even know the meaning of vanvas ?" Shri Ram asked.

"I will learn Raghunath, I will learn." Janki said.

"Sitey, the feet that always walk on the flower bed, how can they endure the rocky path. There will be terrible snakes, violent lions and evil Asuras, how will you live amongst them ?" Shri Ram asked.

"The way you will. I will walk on the path that you walk on, I will stay wherever you stay." Janki said.

"You have not seen the hardships and sad life of living in the forest." Shri Ram said.

"I have touched your lotus feet, being deprived of touching them again will be the biggest hardship and the biggest sadness, that no matter what I can never come over it." Janki said as tears fell from her eyes.

"You might regret following me to the forest." Shri Ram said.

"I will regret when I wouldn't follow you. With you I will be rendered lifeless. When you have promised to stay by side forever in the marriage, won't you going alone be improper ?" Janki asked.

"Sitey, how can I take you to the forest knowing what life I would be putting you into ?" Shri Ram said.

"If you don't want to take me Raghunath, then you must wait for a day before leaving." Janki said wiping her tears.

"A day ?" Shri Ram asked.

"Yes, for who will light my pyre ?" Janki said.

"Sitey !" Shri Ram puts a hand over her mouth.

"Ram, if you want to protect Sita take her with you." Kaushalya said.

"Fine. Sitey, get ready to leave."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Truly.... The devotee who got so close to Bhagwaan Ram, so close to serving his lotus feet, and now situation arises that they must be separated.... That devotee would definitely choose death rather than separation aur yeh toh Narayan ki Laxmi hai ❤️