CHAPTER 36

Janki along with her sisters were with Kaushalya and Sumitra, helping their mother-in-laws in preparation for their daily Pooja of Bhagwaan Vishnu.

"Attention ! Attention everyone !" Laxman said coming their excitedly.

"Nath ? What happened ?" Urmila asked.

"Raja Ram Chandra is entering !" Laxman said.

"Raja Ram Chandra ?" Janki muttered as Shri Ram entered.

"Pitashree has announced that tomorrow after sunset in Pushya Nakshatra, Shri Ram Chandra will be coronated as the King of Ayodhya ! And Maharani Sita will be made to sit on his left side !" Laxman said happily.

"Oh Ram, when did you grew up so much !" Kaushalya said happily.

"Our son is about to become the king !" Sumitra said.

Shri Ram gave them a small smile, but behind it he was hiding his upsetness which Janki could see through, for some reason.

"Raghunath, is something bothering you ?" Janki asked.

"Yes Sitey. Bharat and Shatrughan are not here. Without them how can the coronation take place ? There is no excitement without them." Shri Ram said.

"Excitement is there Bhaiya ! Throughout the kingdom, whereever this news has been announced people are getting mad with happiness." Laxman said.

"Soumitra, I too want to see the happiness of the people." Urmila said.

"Then come with me dear, let's go to the city." Laxman said.

------

"Entire Ayodhya was glittering with diyas. There wasn't a house which wasn't celebrating. But not everyone was happy." Krishna said.

"You mean Manthara ?" Sehdev asked.

"Yes Sehdev. Manthara was extremely upset with the news that Shri Ram was about to be coronated as the King. So she went to Kaikeyi and started poisoning her mind." Krishna said.

------

"Manthara, you came at the right time. Come help me pick jewellery, my Ram is about to become the king of Ayodhya." Kaikeyi said.

"Yes yes, dress like a queen now. Because after tomorrow you won't be less than a maid." Manthara said.

"Maid !? Mathara ! Don't you know that no has the strength to make me a maid !?" Kaikeyi said angrily.

"Oh she has." Manthara said.

"Who !?" Kaikeyi asked.

"Kaushalya. After her son and daughter-in-law become the rulers of Ayodhya, then it won't be soon that she makes you her maid." Manthara said.

"Jiji will never do such a thing." Kaikeyi said.

"But it happened Kaikeyi ! You thought Maharaj is wrapped around your fingers but you were wrong ! He first sent Bharat to Nanihaal, and then made announced Ram to be coronated as the King. And he didn't even tell this to you. Laxman happily announced it to Kaushalya and Sumitra, but not to you." Manthara said.

"No ! No ! No ! Manthara leave from here ! Don't instigate me ! I cannot even imagine such conspiracy that you are telling. O evil-minded one, don't ramble such things." Kaikeyi said.

"Kaikeyi, I have taken care of you since you were a child, like a delicate flower. Now if someone will crush that flower beneath their feet then won't tremble !? What will I get ? Whether your son becomes the king or the son of Kaushalya, I am not going to be the Queen. But you, the one who has so much attitude for being the favourite queen of Maharaj, you will become a maid. Kaushalya will make you wash her feet. You made Maharaj listen to you his entire life, but that Kaushalya with one move, destroyed you." Manthara said.

Kaikeyi looked at Manthara, comprehending what she said. The three queens of Dashrath always stayed like sisters and therefore were at peace. But now Manthara portrayed Kaushalya not as Kaikeyi's sister but her sautan, and no woman can accept that.

This poisonous seed that Manthara sowed in Kaikeyi's mind, killed her love, her motherhood, and shrouded her clear thinking.

"No.... I won't be anyone's maid. I rather kill myself than be the maid of sautan." Kaikeyi said.

"Why are you talking about killing yourself !? Try to win ! Make a move that will turn the tables against Kaushalya ! A move that will make Bharat the king of Ayodhya instead of Ram !" Manthara said.

"Don't give false hope Manthara. Ram will be sitting on the throne tomorrow." Kaikeyi said.

"There is a time of one night between today and tomorrow." Manthara said.

"What will happen in one night ?" Kaikeyi asked.

"Pralay ! It takes a second to happen and we have an entire night ! Remember the devasur sangram Kaikeyi ! Maharaj had given you two vardaans and promised to fulfill it !" Manthara said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

😑😑😑😑😑

Mere paas bolne ke liye kuch shabd nahi.... *Breaks the stick of Manthara*

Jai ho Shri Ram ki 🙏