CHAPTER 45

"When Shri Ram started leaving Ayodhya along with Janki and Laxman. The entire city seemed to be following his Rath, which was being driven by Arya-Sumant. Maharaj Dashrath gathered all his strength that was left and ran towards the palace gates, to see one last glimpse of his children." Krishna said sadly.

"Did he get a glimpse ?" Bheem asked.

"No, the rath was very far. Maharaj Dashrath fell down on the stairs and sobbed." Krishna said.

------

Entire Ayodhya was weeping as their life left Ayodhya. Only Urmila had controlled her tears and kept a smile on her face, for the sake of Laxman.

Kaikeyi looked at the rath leaving emotionlessly while Manthara smirked happily. Kaushalya and Sumitra held on to Dashrath as they sobbed with him.

"Ram ! Ram !" Dashrath cried.

"Maharaj..." Kaikeyi kept a hand on his shoulder but Dashrath jerked it off.

"Don't touch me ! Don't touch me you wicked woman ! Today I end this marriage with you ! I end all my vows towards you ! Consider yourself a widow from today itself !" Dashrath said.

"Maharaj ?" Kaikeyi gasped.

"And in my Ram's absense if Bharat sits on the throne then he cannot perform my last rites !" Dashrath proclaimed.

Kaikeyi kept her hands over her ears, not able to hear such harsh words from Dashrath.

"Kaushalya..... Mother of my Ram.... Take me to your room.... Where there is memories of my dear son.... Take me there..... Ram.... O Ram...." Dashrath sobbed.

On the other side the people of Ayodhya followed the Rath of Shri Ram, Janki and Sita, begging their gods not to leave their temple.

It was getting difficult to pull the rath further because of so much crowd. Shri Ram tried to convince his people but they weren't ready to listen. They all had made their minds up that they will follow Shri Ram to the forest. Because for them where there is Raja Ram there is Ayodhya.

The sun had also set and they weren't even outside the premises of Ayodhya by now. They had only reached the Tamsa river.

"My dear brothers and sisters, it is getting dark. You all must leave for your homes now." Shri Ram said.

"We have not followed you to go back, we will go to the forest with you." The people said.

Shri Ram tried to convince them but the people weren't ready to listen. They were too adamant and even for Shri Ram, Laxman and Janki it was tough to break all relations and leave them.

"Alright. All of us shall rest here by the Tamsa river. And tomorrow we will decide what to do. Arya-Sumant, let the horses loose, they to must be tired." Shri Ram said.

On the other side in the palace, Dashrath kept waking up and calling his Ram before falling unconscious again. Shrutkirti consoled Mandavi who was feeling guilty that her family is in such a condition because of her mother-in-law.

"O Shrutkirti, what will Nath think when he comes to know all of this ? He would never be able to live knowing that his elder brother was exiled for his coronation." Mandavi said.

"Jiji, you cannot fall weak. After Sita jiji it is you who is eldest. You and Kaikeyi-nandan must be the strength for all." Shrutkirti said.

"How will we be the strength of others when we ourselves won't have it ? Nath will break apart Shrutkirti.... He will break apart...." Mandavi sobbed.

On the other side Urmila looked at the royal attire and ornaments of Laxman that he had discarded before going to the forest.

She grabbed his Angvastra and held on to it, trying to feel his presence.

"O Soumitra.... How will I stay without you for 14 years ? When passing every moment seems impossible ?" Urmila muttered controlling her tears.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

It is a sad sad day for Ayodhya
😭😭😭

Ae Shatrughan bhaiya (Honey1058) maro re uss Manthara ko.... Pith tod do uski 😭😭

Sailors, lekin chinta mat karna kyuki hoyiye wahi jo Ram rachi rakha, ko kari tark badhawe sakha ?

Issi baat par Ram Navmi ki badhaiya sabko 🙏🙏🙏