CHAPTER 41

"Laxman, after I leave you must be as dedicated to Bharat as you are to me." Shri Ram said.

"After you leave ? What do you mean Bhaiya ? If you are leaving to the forest then I shall follow you behind !" Laxman said.

"No Laxman. It is I who has gotten the vanvaas." Shri Ram said.

"Bhaiya ? Since when did you started considering me different from yourself ? You only had said that where there is Ram there is Laxman. You had said that Laxman is your second conscience." The son of Sumitra said.

"Laxman, in the absence of Bharat and Shatrughan, someone must be there for all." Shri Ram said.

"My mother, father, brother and Guru, all are you Bhaiya. You are my Dharm, my karm, my brilliance and my truth. I have never imagined myself away from you. If in anger I have said something that made you upset then forgive me. But don't abandon me Bhaiya, don't abandon me." Laxman said joining his hands and getting on his knees.

Shri Ram held the shoulders of Laxman and made him stand up.

"If I take you with me, then what will Mata Sumitra say ?" Shri Ram asked.

"What will Mata Sumitra say ? You don't know Ram ?" Sumitra said entering the room, with tear strained face.

"Maa, don't stop me from going to the forest." Laxman pleaded.

"Forest or Kingdom, why do you care ? For you where there is Ram there is your Ayodhya. If Sita and Ram are going to the forest, then there is no work for you in Ayodhya. My son, for 14 years you must serve your bhaiya and bhabhi like they are your parents. If they fall asleep then you stay awake and look out for threats, if something is left after they both finish eating only then you eat, pick the gravels in their path by your hands. Serve them so well that Sita forgets the comforts of the palace." Sumitra said.

"Yes Mata. Today you have honoured me." Laxman nodded and bowed to her.

Sumitra took a deep breath and cupped the face of Laxman and looked at him with teared eyes but with a proud smile on her face.

"Laxman, the duty of a servant is the hardest. And in this 14 years if you fulfill it with all sincerity then I'll believe you have honoured my womb." Sumitra said.

"Blessed you are Sumitra, that you are giving away your son for the service of Ram. This selfless act of yours has given me a ray of hope." Kaushalya said.

"We have learnt it from you only jiji." Sumitra said.

Kaushalya smiled while tears fell from her eyes as she embraced Sumitra. She then looked at Shri Ram.

"Ram, I am giving you the responsibility of Laxman, the way you are taking him the same way you have to bring him back, safe and sound." Kaushalya said.

"As you say Mata, but I will only take Laxman if Urmila allows." Shri Ram said.

------

"Warriors like Laxman ji, honour their mothers and increase the glory of their family." Arjun said.

"Yes Bhrata, ideals like Mata Sita, Shri Ram and Laxman ji don't regularly come to this earth." Sehdev said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

JAI HO SUMITRA MAIYAA KI 🙏🙏