CHAPTER 15

"A world where the Raghuvanshis are eternally respected and praised, you shouldn't have said these words. Every Raghuvanshi is an example of composure, courage, valor, strength, bravery and vigour. You are worried about this Shiv Dhanush ? Raghuvar Ram can pick the entire world in his hands like a ball." Laxman said.

Janak looked at Shri Ram hopefully while Urmila smiled looking at Laxman.

"Laxman, come and sit." Shri Ram said.

"Pardon me Bhaiya, but I cannot tolerate your insult." Laxman said.

"Laxman, calm down and take your seat." Vishwamitra said.

Laxman bowed to Vishwamitra and went back to his seat.

"Rise Ram, and string the great Shiv Dhanush. Make Maharaj Janak's disappointment go away. Give peace to his heart." Vishwamitra said.

Shri Ram stood up and bowed to Vishwamitra, he looked at Janki who had smile of excitement adorning her red lips but her gaze were still down at his feet with shyness.

All the gaze followed Shri Ram as he went towards the Shiv Dhanush. He joined his hands and payed his respects to Adidhanurdhar Mahadev and his divine bow.

Shri Ram then kept a hand over the grip of the bow, and that's when Janki raised her eyes to look at him. Feeling her gaze, the lord of all smiled and swiftly picked up the Shiv Dhanush, as if it was delicate flower.

The ladies sighed in relief, finally the bow was picked up. The frown on Janak's face turned into a smile while Janki's eyes widened as she grinned showing her pearly whites.

Shri Ram took the pratyancha of the bow and to string it he pulled the end of Shiv Dhanush down. But just as he was was about to tie the string, the bow broke in half for being pulled so strongly.

The breaking of the divine Shiv Dhanush generated huge winds which blew away the crowns of many kings and caused many to fall down.

------

"If only Shri Ram was to win the swayamvar, then why didn't the all knowing Brahmarishi Vishwamitra order him to contest first ?" Yudhishthir asked.

"Because it had to proved that Shri Ram is the greatest among all. And thus the pride of those kings had to be broken first so they would accept the truth." Krishna said.

------

Shri Ram looked at Janki who joined her hands in front him, in front of his divine valor and strength.

Shankhnaads were blown as the devtas showered flowers from above fell on Shri Ram.

"Putri, go and garland Raghuveer Ram." Sunaina said to Janki.

At that Mandavi nudged Urmila who was looking at Laxman, and brought her back to her senses.

"Urmila, you go with a garland too. We'll have two weddings in one mandap. Should I tell Tatshree ?" Mandavi teased.

"Didi..." Urmila blushed.

All the ladies stood up and gathered around Janki who picked up the big varmala and looked at Shri Ram, still not able to believe the fact that all this was happening in real life.

The ladies sang songs of auspiciousness as they held her upper arms and made her walk towards Shri Ram, who stood there smiling as she came in front of her.

"Rajiv-nayan ko, swatah chayan ko, Jaymala pehenao, Jaymala pehenao ! Samukh hai Raghuvar, durlab avasar, yeh avasar na gavao, Jaymala pehenao..." The ladies sang.

Janki kept looking at his lotus eyes, forgetting what she was even supposed to do. Her lips parted with a smile, as she was seeing Shri Ram up so close.

"Sita, garland the winner of your Swayamvar and give him his reward." Chandrabhaga said.

Janki raised the varmala as Shri Ram bends down and she finally puts the garland around his neck. Flowers are showered from above.

Janki looks at Shri Ram and he looks at her, she joins her hand in front of him and smiles as tears of joy brim her eyes

Janki looks at Shri Ram and he looks at her, she joins her hand in front of him and smiles as tears of joy brim her eyes. Shri Ram too smiles profoundly finally uniting with his Sita.

But their moment of joy and delight is short lived as someone stomps into the pavilion shaking the entire earth.

"WHO DARED TO BREAK THE SHIV DHANUSH !?" A voice boomed and echoed.

All the Kshatriya kings got scared the sagely deity who carried a bow and a Parshu.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Ko tode Shiv Dhanush kathor ?
Sabki Drishti Ram ki oor
Ram vinaye gun ke avtar
Guruvar ki aagya seer-dhar !

Sahej bhaav se Shiv dhanu toda
Janak-suta sang nata joda !
🙏🙏🙏