CHAPTER 10

"Keshav what happened when Devi Janki came to know that Shri Ram is staying in the palace ?" Yudhishthir asked.

"She was extremely delighted Jyesht. After all the deity, listening to whose glories she had grown up, was residing in the palace." Krishna said.

------

Janki was in her room along with her sisters and handmaidens. They all played music and entertained her, but her mind had gone astray today.

'Shri Ram is in the palace, so near me. How regrettable that I cannot touch his holy feet.' Janki thought.

"For whom are we playing the music ladies ?" Mandavi asked.

"For Sita didi." Shrutkirti said.

"But where is Sita didi ?" Mandavi asked.

"Right there." Urmila said.

"Her body is here but not her mind." Mandavi said catching Janki's attention.

"Looks like Sita is thinking about someone special ? Did someone from the guests capture your heart ?" Her handmaiden Malvika teased.

"I-Its nothing like that." Janki shook her head.

"Don't tease her so much." Sunaina said coming to the room with Chandrabhaga.

"Mandavi-Shrutkirti, you shouldn't tease elders like that." Chandrabhaga told her daughters.

"But Mata, Sita didi likes our teasing." Shrutkirti chuckled.

"Maa what brings you here ?" Janki asked.

"Sita dear, go for the Gauri-poojan so you get your desired groom in the Swayamvar." Sunaina said.

At that Janki realised that this was the way she would meet Shri Ram in the pushp vatika. And she was right as on the other side in the bhavan Shri Ram and Laxman approached Vishwamitra.

"Guru-shresht, we are at your service. How may we serve you ?" Shri Ram asked.

"Ram, go to the Pushp-vatika with Laxman and bring flowers for veneration." Vishwamitra said.

"As you say Gurudev." Both brother bowed.

And thus with Laxman, Shri Ram went to the Pushp-vatika to get flowers for Vishwamitra. The garden seemed to have gotten a newlife as his footsteps fell on it.

Shri Ram and Laxman went to the gardener who was watering some plants.

"Sir, if you allow, may we take some flowers for veneration ?" Shri Ram asked humbly.

"Of course, these flowers are meant for veneration purposes only." The Gardner nodded.

Shri Ram and Laxman nodded and went to pluck flowers. On the other side in the temple of Mata Parvati, Janki along with her sisters and other young maidens performed the Gauri-poojan.

"Where are the flowers ?" Janki asked.

"Oh, I forgot to bring them. I will pluck some from the Vatika." Malvika said.

"Sure." Janki nodded.

Malvika got up and left for the Pushp-vatika. She started picking flowers from a bush and that's when she realised she wasn't the only one plucking flowers.

She saw that two young warrior looking extremely attractive men, were also plucking flowers from the Bush.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Are you ready for the first meet of Siya-Ram ??