CHAPTER 23

Janki had finished getting ready and was waiting for her sisters to finish up. She was looking outside her balcony, looking at the barati, her eyes searching for a special someone.

"Janki, are you looking for Raghunandan Ram ?" Malvika asked.

Janki nodded looking more carefully, Malvika chuckled putting her hand on her friend's shoulder.

"Well Sita, sorry to break it to you. But your Raghunandan won't be outside." Malvika said.

"Not outside ? Then where would he be ?" Janki asked.

"My dear friend, he would be in his room getting ready, and thinking about you." Malvika chuckled.

Janki looks at Malvika with a deadpanned expression and lightly hits her shoulder, going inside. Even though Malvika was joking, she was right.

"Laxman, even I feel like meeting Sita, it's been days since I last saw her in the swayamvar. But the social boundaries are preventing me from doing so. To break social boundaries means not to have control over oneself. And losing control means that mind is restless. A steady and conscious mind thinks of good things and those who think good, do good." Shri Ram said.

"You and your thinking are great bhaiya." Laxman said.

"Now come Laxman, we have to greet Pitashree and our brothers." Shri Ram said.

"Yes Bhaiya." Laxman nodded.

Shri Ram went ahead as Laxman followed him behind. Outside they met Vishwamitra, and followed him to Janvasay.

Before they stepped in the Janvasay, Dashrath came to know that his son Ram is about to arrive. His eyes got glued to the door, as his ministers kept talking.

And when finally Shri Ram and Laxman came along with Brahmarishi Vishwamitra, Dashrath became overjoyed with happiness.

Even Shri Ram's heart was desparate to get a glimpse of his father. A wide smile appeared on the faces of Bharat and Shatrughan seeing their elder brother.

Dashrath quickly got up and went towards Vishwamitra along with Bharat and Shatrughan following him. The three touched the feet of the revered Brahmarishi first and then looked at Shri Ram and Laxman.

Both the students of Vishwamitra joined their hands and went towards Dashrath. Shri Ram and Laxman touched the feet of their father as he took them both in his embrace.

Bharat and Shatrughan came forward and touched the feet of Shri Ram, who took his brothers in a warm embrace. Laxman too hugged Shatrughan and Bharat.

"We missed you a lot bhaiya." Bharat said.

"Very much." Shatrughan agreed nodding.

"Me and Laxman also used to keep thinking about you both, Pitashree and Mothers." Shri Ram said.

"Putra Ram, you and Laxman have increased the fame of Raghukul by your valor. I do not have words to express my joy." Dashrath said.

Suddenly Maharaj Janak entered the room with his wife Maharani Sunaina and greeted everyone.

"Maharaj Dashrath, accept the the greetings of my daughters and your daughter in laws." Janak said.

Dashrath smiled and looked at the door, as one by one the daughters of Janak came inside. Shri Ram smiled seeing Janki, Laxman smiled seeing Urmila while Bharat and Shatrughan were awe seeing Mandavi and Shrutkirti.

Mandavi looked at Bharat, and he looked at her. A smile appeared on both their faces seeing each other. The bards of Mithila were singing the truth, she was indeed very beautiful.

Shrutkirti blushed seeing Shatrughan smiling at her. His muscular stature proved the sanctity of his name, the tamer of foes.

The 4 sisters touched the feet of Dashrath who blessed them whole heartedly. Guru Vasisht and Vishwamitra smiled that Mahalaxmi whose feet are yearned to be touched by all is touching the feet of her father in law.

Janki raised her eyes and looked Shri Ram who was as usual smiling at her. She gave him a small smile and then again lowered her gaze at his lotus feet.

Although she looked at him only for a moment, it was enough to calm the desire of Shri Ram's heart to meet her.

------

"How sweet is that, everywhere love was pervading." Bheem smiled.

"Yes Bhrata Bheem, love was everywhere." Krishna said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Finally Bharat (vedvaani) and Shatrughan (Honey1058) making entry in the story !!!!