6⚖️

I followed Julia out to her cruiser and my eyes couldn't leave her ass

I followed Julia out to her cruiser and my eyes couldn't leave her ass. Damn, she is hot and they don't make them like her where I live.

We went to a little diner that was decorated in picnic red and white plaid.

We sit down to order and I got what she got. "So any news on Otis?"

"Not yet I'm hoping soon though. My mom last saw him at a trap house so he's probably high and will need to dry out for a few days."

A local walked over to our table. "Hi, Julia have your gun on you?"

"Always."

"Just checking. I mean I would hate for you to get shot."

"I might just shoot you if you don't get out of my face."

I couldn't help but smirk. She was even hotter when she was angry.

When he walked away she rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry Kayden but these locals who have known me my whole life always want to start some kind of shit."

"Looks to me like you can handle it."  I smiled.

The food come out and it was really good. I guess you can't judge a book by its plaid.

"You thought the food would be trash didn't you?"

"How did you know?" I laughed.

"Your face when we walked in here."

"I'm not bougie I swear but the picnic table covers threw me for a loop."

She laughed. "Come on lunch is on me."

"No way. A gentleman always pays."

"Are you a gentleman Kayden?"

"Sometimes," I smirk.

I paid and got back in her cruiser and headed to the jail. I really hope I can help Jacob out and get him out of prison before I go back home.

We walk in and she shows her badge and they let us go into a room and wait on Jacob.

When the guard brought him in Julia told him that Jacob didn't need to be handcuffed.

"Thanks for coming back, Julia."

"It's no problem Jacob and I brought Mr. Cresswell with me."

"Nice to meet you, sir." Jacob smiled.

"It's Kayden and it's nice to meet you. We are going to try our best to get you out soon."

"We got a lead on Otis at a trap house and they are trying to find him to bring him in. I just need his fingerprints."

"My prints aren't on that pipe. Did you look?"

"I did a little but haven't got a chance to fully have a good look yet," I said.

"I did look and I'm not sure why back ten years ago they didn't match that's not your handprints and I'm sorry for such shitty work Jacob."

"It's not your fault or your parents it  was that other dickwad they had working."

"Oh don't remind me. He always picked on my mom."

"Your mom is a badass. I hear she took that big kingpin down back in the day Andrew."

"Oh yeah, she and dad did. That's when they fell in love or may have already been." She laughed.

"Well I need to go over your files again so I don't miss anything but we will be in touch Jacob."

"Thank you both so much I appreciate it more than you know."

"You got it, man." I smile.

We walked back to her cruiser. "That guy is no killer."

"Yeah, I don't think so either. Thanks for coming all this way to help."

"It's no problem Julia I didn't have anything going on at home."

"No woman waiting on you?"

"Nah just work and more work and working for my dad is nice but he has an expectation that sometimes I can't fill."

"This might give you the credit you need and deserve." She smiled as we pulled up at the police station.

I followed her inside and went to the conference room to look over files again while she went to talk to her mom.

A little while later I started to gather things up because I can go across the road to my motel and get comfy and look at this stuff.

She walked into the room and I smiled at her. "I think I'm going to go over to my motel and work on this after I get comfy."

"Ok if that's what you want."

"I will be in room twelve if you want to come help me."

"Let me go home and change and I'll come back with dinner. I want to make sure that we aren't missing anything."

"Ok." I smiled watching her walk out of the room. Damn that ass.

I gather up my belongings and head across the road to my motel room. Once inside I change into some comfy jeans and a t-shirt and hang up my dress clothes before Julia gets here.

About an hour later there was a knock at my door and I looked through the peep hole and saw Julia's face.

Can't be too careful in a new place. I open the door and smile taking the box out of her hand.

"I brought pizza I hope that's ok."

"Anything is fine. Let me pay my part."

"No I'm good you paid this morning. You know I've never been in these apartments. They aren't bad considering they are right across the road from the station."

"Would be a great place for a criminal to hide out and watch your every move." I laughed.

"Now that's just creepy Kayden." She laughed.

I love the way my name rolls off of her tongue.

I walk over to the mini-fridge and take out two drinks and bring them over to the table.

"Any luck finding Otis?"

"Not yeah Nolen couldn't find him but my parents are on a stakeout tonight and my mom assures me she can find him."

"That's really cool that your parents work in the department too."

"I have a lot of family around here and every Saturday we have a big family dinner on the beach."

"That sounds awesome!" I smile taking a bite of my pizza.