29🚔

Over the next few days, we just fell into a routine but kissing is all that we have done

I haven't told anyone that Kayden is back but I figured we would surprise them at Saturday's dinner.

Work was long and when I got home Kayden was in the kitchen cooking and it smelled so good.

"What are you making?"

"Spaghetti and salad."

"Sounds delicious and I am starving!"

"Get washed up because it's ready."

Once I changed and washed my hands I went back downstairs and he had the food on the table.

We were halfway through our food when the doorbell rang.

I looked at Kayden. "I wasn't expecting company."

I look through the peephole. "It's Alissa and Jacob."

"Maybe they can keep a secret." Kayden laughed.

I opened the door and when Alissa saw Kayden she put her hand over her mouth. "When did you come back?"

"A few days ago but it's a secret."

"Secret?"

"Yeah, we wanted to tell everyone he was back at Saturday dinner. Anyways what are you two doing?"

"Bored and was heading to take Jacob home but I told him about your house and view and he wanted to see it."

"Would y'all like some food? I made plenty of spaghetti."

"Sure I will take some. Jacob?" Alissa asked.

"Sounds good if you have enough."

"Of course, man have a seat."

I helped Kayden get some spaghetti and salad out and grabbed some drinks.

"So how is it being out?"

"I am still getting used to things but man it's great to be out and the Reece and Banes family has been great to me not counting Julia and her parents."

"So the whole Clan." Kayden laughs.

"Pretty much."

"This spaghetti is delicious. Who made it?" Alissa asked.

"Kayden did. I just came from work."

"So how long are you here for Kayden?"

"For as long as she can put up with me." He laughed looking over at me.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you two! I told you Kayden."

"I had to go home and figure things out with my dad."

"So you are staying for a long time?" Jacob asked.

"We haven't had a chance to talk but yeah." He smiled.

I smile over at him. My heart is so happy that I don't know what to do.

Once they left we cleaned up together and got the dishes in the dishwasher and put the extra food away.

"Beer on the deck?"

"That would be great." He smiled.

I grabbed the beer and followed him on the deck.

"Can we talk Kayden?"

"Sure. I know this is all confusing and I just showed up here abruptly."

"You did but I'm happy you did but I need some clarity. Are you back because you love the beach or for me?"

"I wouldn't have kissed you if it was just the scenery. I had wanted to kiss you for a while but couldn't get up the nerve."

"I was sad when you left and didn't kiss me."

"I'm sorry I wasn't sure how you would respond since things have been so professional."

"I am glad you are back." I smiled at him.

"Will your family be mad that I am here staying with you?"

"Kayden it's my house and I can do what I want with who I want and mom she really liked you and hated you left."

"It's ok to just show up at Saturday dinner?"

"Of course! Jacob is coming."

"Are they a thing yet?"

"I'm not sure. Are we?"

"We are if you want to be." He grinned.

I leaned over and pulled him in for a kiss. "That would be a yes."

"Good. Care to facetime, my mom? They were so supportive."

"Of course!"

He got her on the phone and we talked and laughed and he showed her our view and she said she's coming soon!

Once we hung up he looked at me. "Mom teared up but told me to do what makes me happy and that's you, Julia."

I couldn't help but smile. "I am so glad you came back."

"Now I just need a job."

"I may can help you with that. I need to call Jacob."

"Jacob?"

"Yeah, he owes us a favor." I laughed.

☎️ Julia?
☎️ Hey Jacob! I am calling in my favor.
☎️ What can I help you with?
☎️ Didn't you tell me that your uncle is a lawyer?
☎️ Yeah my Uncle Lamont.
☎️ Kayden needs a job.
☎️ I will call him and see what I can find out for you.
☎️ Thanks, Jacob!
☎️ Anything for you two.

I turned to Kayden and smiled.

"Hold up his uncle is a lawyer but wouldn't help him?"

"I'm not sure what happened there but if he can't help you maybe he can point you in the right direction."

"Thank you for asking. I could open my
own practice but I don't know what I need to do."

"Find a building. My Uncle Gray may even have one or Grandpa because they bought up some buildings when I was growing up. I will ask at Saturday dinner."

"You think I could make it on my own?"

"I do because all the people I know who need a lawyer I would point them in your direction." I laugh.

"Maybe we can see if your grandpa or uncle has something available. I have money."

"Is that so? Because I am a broke detective." I laugh.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, but when my grandpa died he left me money I never spent so I do have almost all of that."

"No reason to spend it?"

"Nah not really. I thought I would save it for a rainy day. That's what Grandpa Davis used to say." I smiled looking out into the water.

"Are you ready to go in? I'm tired from that flight."

"I didn't think of that but yeah we should because we have that dinner tomorrow and everyone is going to be surprised Kayden!"

"I hope a good surprise and not a bad one."

"It's going to be just fine." I smile over at him squeezing his hand.