60⚖️

A couple of days later I returned to work and filed the adoption papers and two months later we are in court waiting for the judge to rule on it

The Reece/Holgate/Cresswell clan is all in court with us. We are excited to finally be here today.

I look over at Julia who is holding Tripp in her arms and she looks beautiful not to count her small baby bump.

The judge walks in and tells us all to take a seat. Once we got through the logistics he had us to stand as he awarded us the adoption of Tripp Jasper May which we will be changing to Cresswell.

Julia wanted to leave Jasper because that would still be a part of his biological mother.

After the judge signed the paper we all left and went back to the beach to eat like it was a Saturday dinner. Since this is a big deal.

My parents haven't gone back to Nevada yet and Lauren has been seeing Dr. Nealy in case she goes into labor while here.

In the middle of eating Lauren's water broke and I drove her and Coleman to the hospital.

When I came back home Julia was pacing. "I hope she will be ok Kayden."

"She is in good hands and I cant wait to see if it's a boy or a girl."

"Does it make you want to have our baby now?" I ask.

"It does but it needs to grow a little bit longer but we are supposed to find out this week what we are having and I guess we can announce it next week at Saturday dinner."

Mom kept us updated on Lauren's progress throughout the evening and by the time Julia got Tripp down for the night my phone rang.

☎️ Hey mom! What's going on?
☎️ Lauren has been pushing forever and Coleman passed out its been a big mess but they had to take her in for a c-section.
☎️ But she's ok?
☎️ She is ok and I will keep you updated ok.
☎️ Thank you, mom. Call if you need me to come down there.
☎️ I will. Love you!

"Well is Lauren ok?"

"Mom said she pushed so much and Coleman passed out and now she is having a c-section."

"Oh wow! Poor Lauren and poor Coleman. Do you think you will pass out?"

"I sure hope not." I laugh.

I grabbed the baby monitor and we walked downstairs to go out on the deck.

My mind was on my baby sister praying that she is going to be ok and bring her child into the world.

Julia lays her head on my should and it snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Are you ok Kayden?"

"Just praying that my baby sister and her baby come out of this ok."

"You are such a sweet brother. Can you talk to Tyler?" She laughed.

"Did you get to meet his date at the wedding?"

"Who Bunny? He come and introduced her but I don't think he is even with her now."

"Do you think that is even her real name?"

"I'm not sure I didn't ask." She laughed.

We finally went upstairs around 11 pm and I went to change my clothes while Julia went to check on Tripp.

As soon as we got in the bed my phone rang and I couldn't answer it fast enough.

☎️ Hey mom!
☎️ Hey son! Your sister is fine and she's in recovery and she had a baby boy and he is a healthy 8lbs 5oz.
☎️ Wow what a relief. I am so glad they both are ok.
☎️ Coleman and I are going to go to the nursery and I will take a picture and show you.
☎️ Thanks, mom! We cant wait to see him. Let us know if you need anything. We are going to head to bed.
☎️ Talk to you tomorrow! I will be sending pictures your way. Love you!
☎️ Love all of you too. Baby's name yet?
☎️ Not yet but I'm sure Lauren will share when she wakes up.
☎️ Alright goodnight.
☎️ Nite Kayden.

"So it's a boy! 8lbs 5oz." I smiled.

"Oh gosh, a boy! Tripp will have a cousin to play with. I cant wait to see a picture. No name?"

"Mom is going to send pictures but no name yet until Lauren wakes up."

"Well, we can't sleep until she sends those pictures Kayden."

"That's what I was thinking as well." I laughed laying down in bed.

I rolled over and put my arm around her. "I love you, Tiger."

"I love you too."

My phone beeped and when I opened the text and saw the baby tears sprang to my eyes and I don't cry often.

"Oh, Kayden he is beautiful! He looks like both of them!"

"He really does! I can't wait to hold him." I smile over at her.

"Well we should sleep so we can go see him in the morning."

She pulls me in for a kiss before we cuddle up and go to sleep.

I'm not sure what time it is when I hear Tripp cry and feel the bed dip so I know that Julia is on her way to get him.

It feels like I just went back to sleep but when I open my eyes I realize it's after 8 am and Julia isn't in bed.

I go to the bathroom and then head downstairs and find Cam in the kitchen.

"Morning Cam!" I yawned.

"Tired huh?"

"I am and we stayed up to see what my sister had."

"Julia said the baby is good and mom too. That's why I am here. I am going to watch Tripp so you guys can go to the hospital."

"Really? That's nice of you. At least no tea parties this time."

Cam laughed. "True but I loved my tea parties with Julia. She had me wrapped around her little finger."

I couldn't help but smile when Julia walked into the room with Tripp in her arms dressed ready to go.

"Are you wearing that to the hospital Kayden?"

"No so I should go change." I laugh walking back upstairs.

" I laugh walking back upstairs